6 month surgery anniversary today! :)

Lana00
on 7/22/14 4:17 am

Hello,

It has been 6 months already since my surgery!  I started my pre-op diet almost 7 months ago.  (There were a few surgery cancelations that made the pre-diet longer than it should have been.)  I was 357 when I started my pre-diet.  330 on my surgery day.  I'm now 236.  So, 94 pounds since surgery and 121 pounds overall.  I used to take pills and insulin for my diabetes.  I haven't taken a thing since the day of my surgery.  This was a huge part of my decision for weight loss surgery.  Also, I was in too much pain to do anything.  My ankles, feet and lower back would be in so much pain with minimal walking.  This week, while on vacation, I walked for 3 days all over the city / zoo, etc while carrying bags and children... no issues with any pain at all! This is what it was all about for me. 

I'm not done yet, I still have a long way to go - but I'm looking forward to the next 6 months!

Good luck and take care everyone!

:)

annarohr
on 7/22/14 5:49 am

That is amazing!  I cannot wait to see where I am 6 months from now.  Thank you for such an uplifting post, and good luck in the next 6!

Lana00
on 7/22/14 10:31 am

Thanks so much! I'm hoping that things go smoothly for you as well!

beargriff
on 7/22/14 6:59 am

Way to go ! keep up the good work

Lana00
on 7/22/14 10:31 am

Thanks! :)

A_Whole_New_Me
on 7/22/14 12:01 pm

Congratulations on your wonderful success to date!!!

You're ahead of me by one day for our surgery dates and a significant amount in pounds lost...but I'm still very happy.

Here's to our continued success! 

Lana00
on 7/22/14 8:56 pm

Thanks you and congrats to you too! (remember, if I started with more weight to lose, I may have lost more pounds, but you may have lost more or the same in percentages). :)

Keeshaja
on 7/22/14 10:11 pm
DS on 10/21/14

Congrats on your loss! 

I'm Still Loving, Still Praying and Still Dreaming....

Lana00
on 7/23/14 2:24 am

Thanks! :)

Jen H.
on 7/22/14 10:32 pm - Davie, FL
RNY on 09/09/14

Congrats on your progress!  Can't wait to get there.  The pain that prevents me from enjoying life is a major factor for me seeking surgery also. Wonderful to read about your success. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 298 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 770 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views