Home , surgery on this past Monday the 21st...some questions???

Honeyshell
on 7/25/14 5:35 am

Hi everyone. I am very new here. My surgery was on Monday. I am home trying to learn everything. I am doing ok with sipping water, broth, and my protein. 1st ?- when I left the hospital they said 1 oz. protein per hour, how the heck am I going to get all my protein in at just that small amount.?  ( I was on isopure protein in the hospital, but I switched to premier protein when I got home)

2nd ?- some times when the protein hits my stomach it's feels weird, is this normal? Doesn't make me sick just a weird feeling.

I will be on this liquid until my visit in 2 weeks with my dr.

Any good advice is extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

MajorMom
on 7/25/14 9:01 am - VA

All you can do is the best you can; try not to stress.  Drinking a good quality whey protein isolate shake in small servings is a great idea. Keep trying but don't force it too the point of making yourself sick. Take it slow. If you start feeling sick all the time it could be dehydration, which is very easy for new post-ops. Try to keep sipping a****er too. Take care and good luck.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Honeyshell
on 7/25/14 1:02 pm

Thank you for the advice.

Will_T
on 7/26/14 12:32 pm

I am a newbie myself so I can only offer my VERY  limited experience. I am 3 weeks out and  I focused on not getting dehydrated, my dr told me that during the first couple of weeks that was my biggest job, protein  being important but not getting dehydrated priority  # 1 on  my list.  Just do your best.   It has not been easy for me  but I am getting better each week at keeping up with the goals my dr set for  each stage.  I am now on  full liquids, being a revision I had to stay a bit longer on the clear liquid stage.  Things feel different as I am progressing which I think is normal and my new stomach getting used to the different  textures. 

Dr Gilberto Ungson Lap Band to Ds

PeteA
on 7/27/14 3:25 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hi there,

I couldn't take the pre-mixed shakes early on they were just too thick for my tastes but I'm guessing 1 oz an hour would put you
on a little less than 1 bottle a day? That is about 30gms protein a day and a quick rule of thumb is that you should try getting in 30 gms
by the end of 30 days, 60 by the end of 60 days, and 90 by the end of 90. Given that I think you are doing great. You can experiment with 
the shake to see if you can do a little more - just don't force it. 

I think the weird feeling is OK as long as it doesn't make you sick. Remember you have had a big change to your stomach/digestive system
and everything is still healing. I can remember my stomach would be really loud  - like the food was going from one pipe to another.??? It
still happens just not as loud and never really meant anything was wrong.

Pete

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 329 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 788 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 265 views