Does it get better???

adstephens23
on 8/27/14 10:29 am - Norman Park, GA

I had my DS 5/28/14. I have lost 60 lbs and love it but I am beginning to get nervous. I still get nauseated and my tummy hurts every time I eat. I barely eat 5 small bites and feel like I will vomit. It passes fairly quickly (5-10 minutes) but I just thought I would feel better by now. Is this somewhat normal for the time frame?

Amy

Valerie G.
on 8/28/14 12:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

As a matter of fact, that doesn't sound normal at all to me.  Insist that the doc do more than poke your stomach when you tell them about it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PeteA
on 8/28/14 4:13 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I'm with Valerie. FOr 3 months out I would be looking for things to get better and that seems like a small
amount to be giving you trouble.

Any differences between food consistency or does any food soft or not cause the problem?

DSDiva
on 8/28/14 7:54 am - Dallas, TX

I agree that it doesn't sound normal UNLESS it has to do with texture/size of food and/or how quickly you're eating.  Even tiny bites if taken too quickly can cause a world of hurt.  With it passing so quickly, it reminds me of how I feel if I eat too fast, have something that is too dry, or don't chew well enough, every once in a while it gets me.  And I'm 5 years out.

You should still see your doctor though.  If it happens every, single, time, and no matter what you're eating, it sounds like a problem.

HW 300+ / SW 294 / LW 150 / CW 213 / GW 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 656 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 996 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 337 views