Hi Everyone!

Khaseema J.
on 9/19/14 12:22 pm - NY

Hi everyone,

I'm Casey I will be having DS surgery on October 7th! I'm so excited to have gotten my approval so quickly and be on the loser bench in just a couple weeks. I havent had my last meeting with the surgeoun yet and was wondering if anyone has had the Surgery with a single Anistimosis is  there any major difference? If you have had it done have you had any complications or slowed down weight loss? I appreciate any help y'all can give me. Thanks!

Peace and good things,

Casey

MajorMom
on 9/19/14 8:04 pm - VA

Welcome aboard!  

I think most here have the standard DS. You might have to explain what you're having to us.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

PattyL
on 9/20/14 7:04 am

He is probably talking about the SADI.  It is experimental and of course it's your decision but I would hold out for the true DS.  It is a fact that it works.  The SADI has no data proving it's efficacy.  I am happy to hear he is discussing it with you now because there are several very unhappy people who went in for the DS and came out with the SADI.  So far, it does not SEEM to be as impressive as the DS.  But it is much easier for the surgeon.....

larra
on 9/20/14 8:29 am - bay area, CA

There are excellent studies going out 10-15 years documenting the results for the DS, not just for weight loss but also for maintaining good nutritional health and resolution of comorbidities. There are no such studies for the SADI, aka single anastamosis version. As Patty said, it's experimental. Personally I would go with the tried and true. You have chosen an excellent surgeon who can do either operation very well for you, the issue is longterm results. Morbid obesity is a chronic, lifelong medical problem that IMHO requires a longterm, permanent treatment. Short term results are not enough - if they were we could all just have gastric bypass, which works well short term but has major problems with weight regain later on, and does not permanently resolve comorbidities as well as the DS.

Larra

Khaseema J.
on 9/20/14 6:13 pm - NY

Thank you for the responses I truly appreciate it! I am going to see my surgeon this week and I think I'm going to go with the normal DS I agree you can’t really argue with the data and one has a long history and the other does not. Thank you Larra and Patty L. for the information and thank you for the warm welcome MajorMom 

Peace and good things,

Casey

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1021 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1188 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 480 views