feeling this surgery was a mistake.

yex1
on 10/6/14 11:31 am - NJ
I have left this website im not sure how long ago. i had the surgery august 2009 since then, i lost insurance, got it back again only to lose it 3 months later. I was in a car accident and got a TBI (traumatic brain injury) and other problems. I cant remember if and when i was taking vitamins, i can't afford the vitamins, i get multi when i can. now all my vitamin levels are messed up.
my protein was in normal range. but my d, k, calcium, iron, and b-12 was all wrong.
I try notebooks, pill trackers, lists, wall charts, and nothing works.

i lost over 210 pounds and kept it off.
I am still still overweight but i am comfortable where im at. when i look in the mirror my shoulders look boney but all the loose skin and that fell down. i only lost 1 pants size because the skin. it hurts so bad i can't even stand upright half the time and get rashes to the point of bleeding. i do what i can to stop it. I had an incisional and umbilical hernia repair but the umbilical one came back and the dr said its from the pulling.

I want to get the intestine part reversed so i don't malabsorb anymore. i want to get my stomach shrunk again. i dont know if thats possible or where to start. or if state insurance would cover it.

If i wasn't in the car accident i would be in a total different situation then i am in now. i cannot go back to work or school so my options are limited and i can't afford to take care of myself ds wise. if i knew i would be in this spot i would never have gotten this surgery. i need help somewhere.
Brandy G.
on 10/6/14 7:22 pm
DS on 08/20/14

I am way out of my league here, but hopefully one of the better trained veterans will jump in here soon.

I'm so sorry life has turned on you.  It is not your fault.  What is your living situation?  It sounds like you are way beyond what suggestions an on line forum can generate.  I suggest that you find somebody local who can take over until things are not so overwhelming.  Even if it's just for a week.  For example, right now figuring out your vitamins might be a bridge too far, but once it is down to take these 7 pills daily you might be alright.

Let us know if there is anything specific we can do. 

Good luck!

August 2014 - DS @ Mexicali Bariatric Center / Ungson.
It took me one and a half years to lose 165 pounds.
Weight: High=314, Goal=155, Current=131

yex1
on 10/6/14 10:46 pm - NJ
I Live at home with my mom right now. i have too much in other bills to afford vitamins now. when i can i get a multivitamin. I am 5 years post op. If i didnt have the memory issues and was able to work i would be in a different situation. but noone plans on getting hit 5 times and being disabled at 21. I see some drug companies have programs for people who need help getting medication i dont know if vitamin companies do or not?

I need help trying to get back on track. i dont even know if the rest of the intestines will work after 5 years?
Valerie G.
on 10/7/14 1:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

A multi vitamin is not enough to keep healthy.  Even if you can get help paying for vitamins, forgetting to take them will do you no good now, will it?  Either you or someone else needs to take responsibility to keep you nourished, or your health will continue to deteriorate.  Your hair and teeth will fall out, you will have no energy, and eventually your body will harvest your own organs for energy.  This is the hard truth for malnutrition, and on its way to becoming a reality for you.  You need to seek out some serious help, either with giving someone authority over your care and/or reverse your DS altogether, because it will kill you if not taken seriously.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

yex1
on 10/7/14 12:47 pm - NJ
I do take it seriously. that is why i remembered to come here. i want it reversed. idk if i can continue life with the ds. If my insurance would cover it i would like to do what they did a month post op. i got very dehydrated and couldnt get enough liquids in. so they put in a pic line and i got all the fluids and nutrients i needed through that for about a month. but i dont think insurance would cover it
airbender
on 10/7/14 6:00 am
On October 7, 2014 at 5:46 AM Pacific Time, yex1 wrote:
I Live at home with my mom right now. i have too much in other bills to afford vitamins now. when i can i get a multivitamin. I am 5 years post op. If i didnt have the memory issues and was able to work i would be in a different situation. but noone plans on getting hit 5 times and being disabled at 21. I see some drug companies have programs for people who need help getting medication i dont know if vitamin companies do or not?

I need help trying to get back on track. i dont even know if the rest of the intestines will work after 5 years?

no one can see the future and you were in an awful accident.  ok so not sure what other bills you have, but if they are medical, pretty much every state has plans to have this forgiven or to pay like a ridiculous amount of $20 a month. NO hospital would expect someone to pay a bill if they cant pay for medications, which you have, but again is it the $$ or the ability to remember to take them?  your post is unclear.    those are 2 very different statements.  either way the outcome is the same.  I hope you find help soon, please let us know, ask for help, family, friends, church etc....

yex1
on 10/7/14 12:53 pm - NJ
medical bills were put on hold for now. its both reasons. and when i had the vitamins i would overtake for not remembering if i did or not post accident. for now i get a b 12 shot from my primary. i just started wit him about 5 weeks ago and he is good. but idk if im too far gone with my numbers to turn it back on my own without some sort of medical help
airbender
on 10/7/14 12:57 pm

that is great about the medical bills!!!   post your lab results but you still need someone to remind you to take them....VB12 is very easy to revert to high normal, and I think injections are a BIG waste of time.  I used to take injections and found my 6,000 sublingual 1-2xs a week work much better and cheaper as I don't have to drive to my dr's office. 

yex1
on 10/7/14 1:23 pm - NJ
i answered more down below. my primary is a 3 minute drive so distance is ok. the shots are insurance covered. would pills be?

"Nobody trips over mountains.  It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain. "

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.  Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before."  ~Jacob A. Riis

Chilipepper
on 10/8/14 2:26 am

I am pretty sure you can get your insurance to pay for vitamins and supplements if your physician orders medical grade.  Have your mom call the insurance company and inquire about it.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 314 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 778 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views