5 days Post op - VSG revision to DS

MotivatedMomma
on 10/25/14 6:51 am
DS on 10/20/14

Well, I just had my surgery on Monday, and I am really only just getting back into the swing of things now that I am home today.  I am pleased that I got a "real" DS (i had some panic that I would wake up and would find something else had to happen instead, even though my surgeon promised he wouldn't do that).  I am disappointed that my suspicions about my prior sleeve were right.  I didn't want to be re-sleeved.  But I assumed I needed it.  And boy, was I right.  My first sleeve was so, so, so poorly done that I'm lucky my new surgeon was able to do anything to it at all.  Unfortunately, he had to make it a lot smaller than he normally does, because there was so little good tissue left to work with.

I had a few complications during the surgery, all due to the previous VSG I had.  I spent most of the week in ICU - all are now resolved, and hopefully behind me.

The incompetence of my prior surgeon is nothing short of ASTOUNDING.  I wish there were a way to go back on him, and make him take responsibility for what he's done.  I don't even mean money, I just want him to acknowledge how badly he eff'd up my insides.

Now I'm sipping and sipping and trying to get fluids in.  Pain is ok, just bloaty at times.  BM's are fine, jus****ery and stinky - but I remember that after the VSG too.  So far, I don't see any obvious "DS" issues or signs yet.

I'll keep you all updated!

Laproscopic VSG May 2011

SW 325 LW 225

Revision to open DS 10/20/14 with Dr. Lutryzkowski

SW 269  GW 175, Dream weight 140

Valerie G.
on 10/26/14 12:02 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

So glad you're on the mend.  I was surprised how fast surgeons jumped on the VSG bandwagon - so concerned how many went through some decent training, or if any read some literature, saw a drawing and a you-tube video and added the VSG to their brochure.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PeteA
on 10/26/14 3:59 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hurrah for you moving on. Keep up with the fluids and let yourself heal. At least you 
had the opportunity to get some of the VSG issues cleared up. Congrats!!!!

larra
on 10/27/14 2:23 am - bay area, CA

Congratulations! I'm glad Dr. L was able to fix your VSG. And also glad the complications are behind you now.

Just keep on sipping and walking. Each day will be better than the day before, and once you are more healed you will begin to experience the benefits of your DS.

Larra

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 323 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 782 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 260 views