Questions. I need answers.

LngRedRose
on 2/24/15 4:35 am

I had VSG in 2008.  I lost 115 lbs.  I have currently gained 60 lbs back.  I am freaking out.  I am considering the DS.  I have questions.  Does anyone regret it?  What is the biggest negative?  I am miserable. Thanks in advance!! K

Valerie G.
on 2/24/15 6:08 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

For me, the biggest negative is figuring out the foods that trigger gastric reactions, but I"m pretty good at it now. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

LngRedRose
on 2/24/15 6:17 am, edited 2/24/15 6:19 am

Thanks Valerie.  You are 9 years out?  Have you had any regain?  I know a ton of folks that had just the sleeve and we have ALL regained.  None exempt.  :(

Valerie G.
on 2/24/15 7:29 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You should expect some regain for any procedure from your lowest weight.  Statistically, the DSers regain 15-20% of their weight lost.  I'm at 14%, (about 20lbs for me).  It came with boobs, so I'm okay with it.  Part of me would like to be a solid size 8 again, but I mostly got over it.  Nobody's telling me I look unhealthy anymore and with lycra, I'm still feeling like quite the vixen in a size 10 or 12.

I think with the VSG the stats are more like 35-40%, but I'm not certain.  The thing is that some people need more than simple restriction.  Unfortunately they don't give it enough thought to their own personal situation, and are convinced the less invasive option is going to work.  Looking at my own weight history, I was a champion dieter, but yielded little or no results for it.  I knew that eating less wasn't cutting it now, it wouldn't cut it with more satiety either. 

Granted the VSG wasn't availabe yet back then, but it was being noticed that some 2-part DSers were getting stellar results in the first phase.  For those who truly have problems with satiety and never feeling full, the sleeve is perfect!  It's just not for everyone, yanno?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

LngRedRose
on 2/25/15 5:01 am

Yes, you are right!  Thanks so much for your insight.  I appreciate your response!

Sunshine16
on 3/5/15 12:37 am

Amen to that, it still seem like I have not gotten to my norm yet...ever so changing or adjusting.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

hollykim
on 2/24/15 6:09 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 24, 2015 at 12:35 PM Pacific Time, LngRedRose wrote:

I had VSG in 2008.  I lost 115 lbs.  I have currently gained 60 lbs back.  I am freaking out.  I am considering the DS.  I have questions.  Does anyone regret it?  What is the biggest negative?  I am miserable. Thanks in advance!! K

why do you think you have gained? Are you still on plan? Getting 64+ounces of liquid a day? Eating carbs and sweets and anything you want to eat?

no surgery is going to fix our heads are you on therapy

LngRedRose
on 2/24/15 6:16 am

Did you have just the VSG done?  Or the DS?  If you only had the VSG done... do not judge.  Thanks.  We all know what takes to make us gain weight.  I asked for the negatives to the DS.  If you are only here to jump on me... then jump off.  Ummmm. thanks. K.

hollykim
on 2/24/15 7:12 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 24, 2015 at 2:16 PM Pacific Time, LngRedRose wrote:

Did you have just the VSG done?  Or the DS?  If you only had the VSG done... do not judge.  Thanks.  We all know what takes to make us gain weight.  I asked for the negatives to the DS.  If you are only here to jump on me... then jump off.  Ummmm. thanks. K.

I was simply asking questions. If you took it as judge mental,that is not my prob

em.

i had the VS g and revised to the DS. 

This is a public forum this thread does nOT belong to you. It belongs to OH. I know you didn't just try to tell me where I can and cannot post,right?

LngRedRose
on 2/24/15 11:48 am

So why were you revised!? Eating carbs? Not accountable? Are you in therapy?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 319 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 781 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views