Two Year Surgiversary

Irishnurse
on 4/20/15 1:20 am, edited 4/20/15 1:35 am
DS on 04/17/13

I hit my two year mark on April 17th. I just realized it today. It is weird how normal life becomes this far out and you kinda forget. I am holding steady around 165 to 170. This is about a size 10 pants. About 20 pounds of this is skin. I know I could get smaller if I tried but I am happy and just not worrying about it. I have noticed I can eat just about anything and sometimes I do. I do push the limits and I know that I shouldn't but I am curious as to what I can and cannot eat this far out. I am curious what will make me gain, make me have the diarrhea etc. So I have been testing the waters. So far I am not having any real issues. I am holding steady at this weight and have been for about three months. I will stay here for awhile and then I think I am going to start trying to drop a bit more. The pills have become just routine now...part of my daily life. Sometimes it is tiring but...meh. 

I love being thin. I love being happy. At first I hated having the shorter CC but now I think it might have been the best thing for me because all I do is eat and I do not gain. Considering I am a stress eater this has worked out for me when I am stressed. There is one thing that I am disappointed in my self about. I need to get fit cardio wise and I have been too lazy to do it. The surgery did all the work for me and still is and it is making me lazy. This will be something that I have to choose to do for health reasons. I am going to need to push myself to do it. Just because you are thin does not mean you are fit. I certainly am not. I may be able to run half a block now without dying but I want to run three miles without dying. LOL. My next goal will be fitness. This surgery can certainly make you lazy if you let it. 

I urge noobies to work out even if the surgery is doing all the weight loss for you. This is not to help you lose weight but to help you stay healthy and fit. 

Anyway, I love my DS. It has been a hell of a journey. Times of pain, frustration and uncertainty but also renewal, hope and blessings.

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/15 3:12 am

Congrats on the success you've had so far. I also feel like I'm thin but unfit which is a strange feeling. My goal is to address that now that the weather is warming up in the Northeast, and hopefully I can start biking, jogging, etc.

Kathy S.
on 4/20/15 4:10 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Shawnern
on 4/20/15 5:27 am - Rochester, MN

Congratulations! You look wonderful! I started working out at Planet fitness and I love it! Keep up the awesome work!

Shawn

Jazzybz
on 4/20/15 5:56 am

Congrats !!! I'm curious how long your common channel is. You said it was short.... 

Irishnurse
on 4/21/15 4:20 pm
DS on 04/17/13

75-80

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

south2north
on 4/20/15 9:04 am
DS on 11/19/14

Congrats and best wishes!

MajorMom
on 4/21/15 7:16 pm - VA

Happy surgiversary!  

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Sunshine16
on 4/28/15 10:05 pm

Congrats!  You have done a wonderful job!!

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 312 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 777 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views