2 weeks post op and feeling $#/!!y

Raqandro
on 8/23/15 1:01 pm

thank you!!

Valerie G.
on 8/25/15 12:20 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Being a medical professional, how can you possibly miss the symptoms of dehydration (fatigue, nausea, etc).  Also, you have no business picking up your children for another 6 weeks.  I'm not sure what you were led to believe, but this is a major recovery.  it took me six weeks before I started feeling like myself again.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Raqandro
on 8/25/15 12:36 pm

We already treated the dehydration theory for me and the symptoms persisted. I was hesitant to post on a forum but it does help to read support and friendly advise, however, I'm not sure why your post needed to be so accusatory.  

I am an NP and my husband is a physician. I have also discussed all symptoms and my intake with my surgeon. I have been advised to wait 4 weeks to pick up my kids and then to do it from a sitting position. They are 1.5 and 3 years old. 

I ask you not to speak to others on this board that way. We're all in an emotional and vulnerable state and do not need to be chastised or patronized in such a tone. 

Thank you.

Hi

Valerie G.
on 8/26/15 5:02 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Again - keep with the hydration..it hits harder and faster than you can imagine on the other side of the recovery.  It is the #1 reason wls post ops experience nausea and fatigue early out, aside from just the need to rest and surprise that their bodies resist them when they try to resume a normal life.   64oz daily feels like swallowing an entire lake and they think that half of that is sufficient.  As a nurse, you know better, and in recovery, only a day or two can send you into a downward spiral.  If you think it's something more - then stop consulting a message board and call your surgeon and insist he take you seriously.  

I'll also share with you that I pulled a ventral hernia 1.5 years post op lifiting a bag of soaking-wet topsoil.  I'm surprised your doc only requires 4 weeks of no lifting, for mine had an 8 week/8 lbs rule (and many pose the same recommendation).  Still at only 2 weeks post-op, don't play with this or you'll be in for another surgery, and continue to baby your core as much as you can.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Raqandro
on 9/8/15 1:52 pm, edited 9/8/15 1:57 pm

Update:

I was hospitalized last week for 6 days. I started vomiting. The chest pain was severe and nausea out of this world. I was diagnosed with pancreatitis, however, we feel it was a red herring and the doc leaned toward esophagitits. I was released with a PICC line and tons of meds and fluids. They only allowed it bc we're health care professionals. But I had to get out of there. 

Tomorrow I have an appt with a general surgeon who will decide whether or not to do my endoscopy. I have a feeling I have a stricture. I literally haven't eaten in 5 weeks and feel like I've been hit by a truck. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 374 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 826 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views