Latest Labs Liver enzymes keep getting higher!

Jen B.
on 5/15/16 2:42 pm - Olathe, KS

I think I'm going to make an appointment with a hepatologist. This makes no sense to me, can it be related to my surgery? They both started elevating around May 2014 If I take liver detox herbs they go down. This is starting to really concern me. I had a liver ultra sound Dec 2014 and all looked fine but now this is getting worse. I don't drink much, less than the last time I posted, maybe once a month. I'm going to stop completely.

ALT 147, last Dec it was 67

AST 211, last Dec it was 79

Vitamin D is WAY high for me 129

Still waiting on my A E and K

My ferritin has stayed over 50 which is a miracle for me!

Something I'm doing is hurting my liver though.

MajorMom
on 5/16/16 2:25 am - VA

Sometimes when those other vitamin levels are high-ish your liver enzymes will be a little elevated. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jen B.
on 5/16/16 11:18 am - Olathe, KS

I'm going to stop all supplements for a month except iron and calcium. I also had Dysport injections before this test and read that it can cause abnormal liver blood tests in 1% of people. Who knows, this is like a big old jigsaw puzzle! I was talking with someone else who had this problem after adding additional protein to their diet, my protein levels have stayed the same after 8 months of supplementing an additional 80-100 grams per day. I'm going to stop that too and see what happens.

I didn't change anything with my vitamin D dosage, I do 50,000 one day and 100,000 the next. It's never been higher than 80. Very strange for it to jump so much. 

Jen B.
on 5/30/16 2:09 pm - Olathe, KS

So an update. I am going to my surgeon tomorrow and have decided that if this could remotely be caused by my surgery I am going to ask about a reversal of the malabsorption part. I have been reading and reading. Nothing is making much sense.

I am off all of my vitamins. I turned slightly jaundice last week. Bilirubin is normal as of Friday, it had spiked a little the week before. I'm having vague pain/burning in my liver area.

If I want this reversed, can any surgeon do it or would I be better off going to the more well known ones?

I don't want to jump the gun or anything but I don't want to play around with this anymore either. I'm going to ask for tests for other causes as well but my gut (haha) is telling me this has something to do with my altered anatomy.

I'm supposed to get an ultrasound and go to a GI doctor. I've had my levels tested 3 times in the last couple of weeks

AST 5/13 147 5/19 67   5/27 142
ALT  5/13 211 5/19 119 5/27 152

I don't know if there is anyone out there that has some possibilities for me or can point me in a direction to get some answers?

MajorMom
on 5/30/16 5:11 pm - VA

I'm glad you're getting this all checked out. I don't know how the malabsorption affects the liver but I hope you'll keep us posted on how you're doing.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 398 views
calcium/protein