Surgery next week

Chijules16
on 9/28/16 7:45 am
DS on 10/04/16

I just wanted to say hello. I'm having surgery at the Univ of Chicago with Dr Prachand, very excited but nervous too.

Has anyone else had a hard time finding other DS patients online?  I'm having surgery on Tuesday and it feels like no one is getting this surgery anymore!  The group I found on FB doesn't seem to have any DS patients.  

You guys are glad you got it right?  Has anyone had complications? How long were you in the hospital after surgery?  I knew from the beginning this was the surgery I wanted but where is everyone else? Why don't programs offer this surgery as often?

Thanks! 

Julie

Valerie G.
on 9/28/16 10:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Welcome Julie.  Facebook has a much more active community.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PattyL
on 9/28/16 10:55 am

There are thousands of us.  And there are very active groups on FB as well.

Julie, the simple truth is there's nothing out there that works better than the DS.  You chose well.  And your surgeon is well known too.

More people don't wind up with the DS because the docs they picked don't do the surgery.  You have to LOOK for the DS but there is a RNY practice on every corner.  The DS requires more skill and experience.  Also even a good DS surgeon can rarely do more than 1 per day.  Follow the money...  The RNY doc can do 3 or 4 ops per day.  So which surgery are you going to tell your patients to have????

MajorMom
on 9/28/16 3:15 pm - VA

Wishing you all the best. Check us out on Facebook with the link posted.  :)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

SKE
on 10/8/16 5:00 pm

how r u doing my friend!!

Most Active
Recent Topics