Post OP DS Thanksgiving!

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/24/16 6:40 pm
In full disclosure, I have the old style DS. I don't think many surgeons do the DS the way I had it. Large VSG, shorter common channel. With that said 10 years post DS, I had a normal thanks giving dinner. I ate everything from copious amounts of turkey, mashed potatoes, rice, a bowl of cream of broccoli soup, fillet mignon wrapped in bacon, smoked salmon with cheese, sweet plaintains, and for dessert apple pie and cheese cake.

I just wanted to offer this to those that are seeking surgery, or are new pre-ops. There is life after being a newbie.... and it's pretty normal.

Scott
MajorMom
on 11/25/16 3:10 am - VA

Same here, Scott. Even as lightweight starting this journey, I have the traditional 100cm common channel and fairly small stomach. I enjoyed a little bit of everything on the menu yesterday and I'm none the worse for wear this morning. I thank the probiotic VSL#3 for that but a very normal Thanksgiving. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/25/16 4:59 pm
The result of such decadent eating? I'm down a pound.

Scott
* Nicole *
on 11/28/16 6:34 am

Im with you at 11 years post DS and having a surgeon who learned the DS from Hess himself. I was given a 5oz sleeve that is now more like 10 oz now. But between a 75-100 common channel.

With how I eat no one can tell Ive had surgery. And I love it. I had turkey, lasagna, stuffing, veggies, desserts, potatoes etc etc. Such a same to be this far post op and at my lowest weight, lol.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/28/16 5:36 pm
The DS is not for everyone! But it is a good surgery...the way it was done by Hess...I haven't seen the modified versions work as well
Valerie G.
on 11/30/16 4:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

11 years out here, and I ate plenty.  The strategy is starting with protein items, so if you get full, you've gotten what your body needs most.  Then you circle into the veggies, and finish off your final bites with the contraband, like bread, potatoes, stuffing, and yes.....PIE, however that came an hour or so later.  

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 319 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 781 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 259 views