Vsg to DS conversion, post op, questions

Snowbutterfly
on 5/6/17 11:45 am

So I had my VSG to DS conversion on Tuesday 5/2/17. Originally was planned to resleeved, but turns out the surgeon didn't. I was finally discharged home yesterday, yay ! But i have lots of questions....

Those who didnt resleeve, how was your eating? Did it hurt? Were u only able to eat a few bites?

I'm in alot of pain in general, but it doesn't hurt my stomach to eat or drink anything.

Tmi questions... how were your bowl movements? I've had corned beef hash (which has a fair amount of fat) but i havnt been running to the bathroom. Is this normal? I'm so afraid the ds didn't "work"

I had a jp drain that they removed before I was discharged. The site has been leaking ALOT. I've had to drain the thick bandage every other hour. I didn't have a drain last time so this is new, how long will it drain?

Valerie G.
on 5/6/17 12:27 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Mine was a virgin DS, but I may be able to set your mind at ease while you're waiting for more replies.

Since your stomach is unchanged, your eating capacity should be unchanged, however digestion may feel a little gurgly and strange for a while.

Bowel movements vary by what you eat, and fat doesn't mean running to the bathroom. I, in fact, have only one movement first thing in the morning and I'm done for the day. You may find things like milk, onions, or other triggers may give you that effect, but don't worry about whether or not it's working if you're not ****ting yourself. The running to the bathroom right after eating is NOT the norm.

The drain stopped doing it's thing after a couple of weeks. Save some money on bandages, and use a maxi pad to soak up the leakage. It works like a charm.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Snowbutterfly
on 5/6/17 2:05 pm

That is actually a huge help, thank u so much. I was really worried I wasn't running to the bathroom. I understood why when all I was having was liquids but once I started putting some food in there I got really concerned. I'd heard so many people talk about instant diarrhea.

Oh wow, the pads idea is brilliant! I'll definetly get those. ð?¤--

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 299 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 771 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 255 views