Plane Ride Advice Please!

megange1
on 8/31/17 1:49 pm

Hi-

So I'm 7 weeks out of surgery and I will say I'm having a very rough recovery. My doctor is aware and I've had all the tests to see if I have blockages, strictures, etc. It seems I am just one of the lucky few *****ally struggle. I throw up/dry heave almost daily and go between constipation and diarrhea daily. So long story short, I have to do a 6 and a half hour flight tonight and I'm terrified. I'm worried I'm going to throw up for the whole thing or basically be miserable. Did anyone fly after surgery and have any words of advice? I really need some pep talks because I really don't want to be "that girl" on this flight. I'm almost thinking of cancelling, but the trip is really important and I don't want my life to just stop. Please help!

airbender
on 8/31/17 2:10 pm

so the good thing is "it seems I am just one of the lucky few *****ally struggle" and there was no blockage etc. I understand flying is hard forget when you feel crappy. I wouldn't worry about throwing up, I have...so what? who cares who sees you, do you think you will ever see these people again.... but you will most likely be miserable, just accept that. you have to decide why you are flying and if you have to, you state this trip is important? how important?

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Crazeru
on 8/31/17 2:20 pm

You may want to limit food before getting on the plane. See if you can change seats to the back. Also, do you meditate? I'd try to deep breathing exercises to relax. Breath in for 4 counts, hold for 4, and exhale for 8. Repeat until you feel better. I've sent Reiki to you now and during your trip. Let us know how it goes. Do tums help? Chia seeds for the diarrhea and they work for constipation too I've heard. Only used for loose stools.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Valerie G.
on 9/2/17 7:52 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm late to this conversation. How was your flight?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

megange1
on 9/2/17 10:32 am

Hi all!

Thank you for the advice. It went well. I took an ambien and semi slept through most of it. No bomiting issues even with lots of turbulence. Fingers crossed that my home flight is as easy. Thank you again!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views