On bacon

Fire_Ice
on 2/9/18 12:53 pm
DS on 10/25/17

The problem with ricotta is that I took a food sensitivity test last year, and it was discovered that all dairy causes inflammation for me. Yogurt, milk, cheese, etc. The same is true for seafood. So all those things you guys use for your protein or as a snack--they will cause issues for me.

To be honest, the only things I can really stomach right now are eggs, bacon and either homemade bean and ham soup or homemade chili. When I try other cuts of meat, they give me a really weird taste in my mouth while I'm eating (almost acidic) and then it isn't too unusual for me to throw up after if I try to eat some of it (I'd say I'm throwing up about once a week, which seems to be tied into whether or not I pooped well the day before and the day of; I'm careful not to eat too fast and not to eat too much). I told my surgeon about it at my two month visit and he told me that my issues are the first time he's heard of them and to just keep trying foods and to keep taking fiber to help me go to the bathroom.

I thought this eating change would be so easy for me because I love protein and vegetables, and now I'm finding myself severely limited in what I can and can't eat. Not only because of how it tastes when I'm eating it, but because of my food sensitivities that are really restricting what I can have.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 328 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 786 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 264 views