Antame’s Posts

Antame
on 5/24/17 7:14 pm
Topic: RE: Considering DS

UPDATE:

Looks like I'm not a candidate for DS or any WLS for that matter :(

Spoke w Dr. Kershishian's office and the minimum BMI is 35 not 30 as I hoped.

I wish all of you the best. Thank you for your help. Pray I can get this weight off via diet and exercise, I'm not that hopeful.

Hugs, A

Antame
on 5/15/17 4:59 pm

Pete,

Thank you for the detail. These are exactly some of my concerns. I worry that if the gallbladder is removed I won't be able to eat fats. I've heard I'll never be able to have "fizzy" drinks like Pellegrino with DS. I wonder if medications will be absorbed as easily if I need them - i.e. penicillin, etc. And, I worry that even social (alcohol) drinking is out of the question. Will there be ANY food restrictions long term?

I appreciate your input and I'll continue to surf through the notes here. I am only about 50lbs overweight with a BMI of 31 and several cofactors, i.e., hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, insulin resistant, high cholesterol. From what I read, DS actually cures or partially cures these disorders. I would love to be off meds.

Thanks again!

Antame
on 5/15/17 4:45 pm

Thank you! That is the name of the doctor I was referred to!

Antame
on 5/15/17 4:43 pm

Thank you. Sorry it took me awhile to respond. I really appreciate your input!

Antame
on 5/12/17 7:13 am

Hello DS Community,

I am new to this site and have enjoyed reading your encouraging posts. I am wondering more about the downsides to DS surgery and its permanance and side effects.

Has anyone regretted the surgery or had extensive complications?

Also, can someone recommend a DS surgeon in the Los Angeles area? (If we are allowed to post that info).

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views