aprilee1976’s Posts

aprilee1976
on 7/18/17 8:18 am
Topic: RE: Advice following DS surgery for a friend

Thanks Janet.

I believe he did prescribe her heartburn and nausea meds but she wasn't able to keep them down for a while. She is now, so hopefully this will start to help her.

aprilee1976
on 7/18/17 5:28 am

Thank you all for the information. I decided to come and stay with her to help her out and help with her son. Since I have been here, she has been able to keep some meds and foods down. She is still not able to eat much, says when she does, it feels like it's 'stuck' in her throat/upper chest and causes her really bad heartburn. She is going back to see her surgeon today so hopefully he will have some answers for her. She has mainly been communicating via email with her nutritionist but has seen her surgeon and his PAs 4 or 5 times since her surgery. I'm hoping we get answers today that will help her continue to get better.

Again, thank you all for your advise.

April

aprilee1976
on 7/13/17 1:48 pm

Thank you so much for the information. It is really helpful.

aprilee1976
on 7/13/17 9:45 am

Hello.

My name is April and a friend of mine had the DS surgery on May 29. Since her surgery, she has not been able to keep any fluids or her medicine's down (vomiting, diarrhea) and she is also not able to each much if anything at all.

She is severely depressed as one of the med's she cannot keep down is an anti-depressant. I'm extremely worried for her and am seeking advice on what I could possibly do to help her (other than be there for her).

Did anyone that had this surgery experience these types of issues? She has been to the cancer center to have infusion of fluids, steroids and her meds once, and she felt a little better afterwards and for a few days, however, it has gone back down hill since then.

Any direction or advice is extremely appreciated.

Thank you from a concerned friend.

April

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 325 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views