I am Desperate for an Answer

krjordan79
on 3/22/12 11:13 am - VA
I had en route in 2005. Went from 277 to 137.  The last  3 years i've been gaining weight due to over eating, drinking diet soda, beer, eating high fatty foods and not exercising.  I can still feel full, but know I have stretched out my stomach.  I now weight 192 and am in a size 14.  Here are my questions:
1. Can i reshrink my stomach without surgery?
2. Can I get back down to 137 if I change my habits?
3. What if my stomach is stretched back out...can I make my surgery still work for me?  What do I do, I feel hopeless!

Im so upset I don't know what to do with myself.  I need someone *****ally knows the answers to these questions and can lead me in the direction where I need to be.
Barb H.
on 3/29/12 6:28 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
I recommend you contact your nutritionist, if you have one. And go back to the basics. High protein, very low and only complex carbs, no alcohol, make sure your water intake is appropriate. But it seems like you may have some transfer addiction issues as well, not that you are an alcoholic, I have no way of knowing that. It might be good to get into therapy and/or check out Overeaters Anonymous to help give you some insight as to what's going on in your head. By the very fact you have reached out here indicates to me that you want to get better. There is tons of help available and a good place to start is your surgical weight loss team. You can do this. You do have control over your life. And you will find your way through this.

Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

Doris Cervenka
on 4/9/12 4:41 am, edited 4/9/12 4:44 am - Ganado, TX
  I think in your heart you already know the answers yourself. You have already listed why gained you weight back.  
   Your a Compulsive Overeater.  You need to think of Compulsive overeating like it is a disease that can kill you or shortern your life.  You have a disease that you have to fight every day of your life. You addicted to food.  To sugars and carbs.  This addiction makes you hungry all the  time.  You need to up on Compulsive overeating and find out what your triggers are.  How much is real hunger . How much is emotional hunger. Why once you start why you can't stop.  You have read up on Compulsive overeating and find the answer for yourself. Their great books on compulsive overeating that can help.    Dr. Phil McGraws book is one of the best out there. The ultimate Weight Solution.  The 7 keys to weight Loss Freedom.  It is book that help me alot.
Get counseling.
Sometimes it is just addiction to carbs and sugar.
Sometimes is is emotional eating.
Sometimes is is about past Emotional and Physical abuse.
Their is No easy answer to any one problem.
maricruz
on 4/20/12 8:07 am - WESLACO, TX
I JST WENT TO THE NUTIRITIONIST LAST WEEK CUZ I TOO GAINED 30LBS. SHE SHOWED ME WHAT TO EAT AND I HAVE ALREADY LOST 10LBS IN 9 DAYS.  SHE TOLD ME TO STOP THE DIET SODA'S AND PUT ME BACK ON STEP 3 & 4 FROM POST OP DIET. SHE SAID THAT I CAN RESHINK MY POUCH AND SO FAR IT IS WORKING. GO PAY A VISIT TO YOUR NUTIRITIONIST.  
ToNewBeginnings
on 4/23/12 9:59 pm
First off how do you know you've stretched out your stomach, I mean truy?

If it is stretched out I certainly don't believe it is the size it once was!!!

#2. Can people who don't have WLS lose weight? um yes.  

#3 The point is your not making the surgery work for you. Look at what you are consuming!

twinningham
on 4/24/12 6:50 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 11/29/10

I found away to re-claim a smaller pouch and help with the problem you are having. Just go to www.5daypouchtest.com.

I have  tried the 5 day pouch test and it works. It is really not a diet but instead it is away to get your pouch back to the right size. The other idea of the 5 day pouch is to get you off of carbs(the bad ones). The idea behind this to clean your system out the first two days liquid proteins then slowly start eating solid proteins day 3 soft proteins then 4 and 5 solid proteins. The goal of the 5 day pouch test is not really  weight loss but if you stick to it you will lose  weight and with a smaller pouch eat less after it. When I tried the 5 day pouch test I lost over 5 lbs that week. You will need to start working out but I know that's hard after you have not been doing it for awhile. Just  go to the web site and read about it and look at the wonderful recipes they list for each day you can use.You can do the 5 day pouch test as many times as you need because we all fall off the wagon just like I did and I am on day 2 of the 5 day pouch for the second time. You can read my blog under WLS Grads. Hope this helps

Terry

Bypass Surgery 11/29/2010
Weight before Surgery 334
Lowest weight 167 lbs
Weight loss 167 lbs
krjordan79
on 5/2/12 10:27 am - VA
Thank you so so much.  I studied the 5 day pouch test and started it on Sunday.  Today is Wednesday and I've already lost 6.5lbs and I'm not hungry.  This has helped me get my mind back on where I need to be and what I need to be eating, PROTEIN!
candancee1
on 5/7/12 8:39 pm
My nutritionalist said the exact same thing as maricruz's. I'm trying to get back on track now after regaining 55 lbs over the last 1+ year. Already lost 5 lbs in 5 days--back on stage 3.
Most Active