My exercise for today - and you ?

LizzyL
on 2/21/07 11:04 pm - NY
RNY on 06/08/04 with
Hello everyone, today i workout my Hips, Butt and Thighs Then run on the treadmil and an exercise DVD! boy ....do i feel the burning!!!!!!! lol honestly , i loooooove feeling the burn!! WOW!! Alrighty , here's what i did today :-) I repeated... 20 times each.  Switch legs and repeat for 4 sets. Side Lunge - squating really low to the floor lunging side to side , working your muscles...hard feel the burn!! :-) touching toes lunge - with your one leg in back of the other leg and lean down towards your foot, then back up again... repeating both sides.... lunge down and then up again..... repeat. knee lift twist lunge - Alternating -one leg in back of the other leg and lunge forward and bring the KNEE UP touch your elbows - (switching knees ) repeat. chair lunges, just sitting back like you are sitting in a chair and bounce right back up in a standing position. Bridge - Lie on your back with knees bent, feet on the floor, hip width apart. Beginning with a pelvic tilt (tucking the hips), bring the spine hip and butt off the floor leaving  the shoulders on the floor. (The heels should be directly under the knees at the highest point.) Hold for a few counts, then slowly lower spine squeezing the butt so it is the last thing to touch the ground. Repeat  i did my AB workout this morning too all of my ab workouts are.. 4 sets of 20 with 1 minute resting between sets regular crunches - on my ball!! :-) Oblique Crossover Crunches - Side Plank with Oblique Twist Bicycle Exercise - Reverse Crunch -  Crunches on the ball with a medicine ball (5 lbs)- later this afternoon ...i will do Jillian Michael's kickboxing DVD today as well :-) i just LOVE this DVD!! It's a great workout!! And i will run on the treadmil BEFORE dinner....for 30 minutes! thats my workout for today... and i feel SUPER !!!!! So , what did you do for exercise today ? Please SHARE!!! i love to hear what others did for exercise ......... AND also get more exercises ideas !! hugsss Lizzy

Hugs & Kisses
Lizzybee2.gif

Earl C.
on 2/22/07 10:04 am, edited 2/22/07 12:23 pm - Circleville, OH
Good Job Lizzy. I'm tired just reading all that. I had some family things to do the last couple of days. Funeral for my Mom's boyfriend. So took Tues and Wed off. Today though... Noon to 1:35 pm @ power shack 15 min warmup Power cleans from floor Squats Good Mornings Olympic Good mornings Seated calf raises superset 1 legged calf raises (double the sets for my weak, deformed left leg) 8 pm @ work gym 10 min abs circuit Stepper 2 min (just playing) 40 min treadmill  up to 3.5 mph, up to level 10, 2.15 miles Earl

The Secret:

1. Show up

2. Work Hard

3. Repeat

Anita Jo
on 2/22/07 11:42 am - Elmira, NY

Hi all, Here is what i did.. i found this at my wls surgeons in a magazine so i tore it out... is it good??? or not??? 5 minute warm up 2.0 mph 5 minutes of intensity 3.0 mph 1 minute of work 3.5 mph 3 minutes of recovery 3 mph 1 minute of work  4.0 mph 3 minutes of recovery 3 mph 2 minutes of work 4 mph 6 minutes of recovery 3.0 mph 4 minute cooldown 2.0 mph this is what my treadmill said after i was done... 140 distance 62.5 fat 200 calories RNY~Aug.28,2003 Adominalplasty Jan. 19,2007 270/167/150 surgery/today/goal Anita

Earl C.
on 2/22/07 12:17 pm - Circleville, OH
Hi Anita Jo, That's excellent. That's called interval training. Like running a sprint and jogging back to the starting line, then sprint again. Earl
Anita Jo
on 2/24/07 3:30 am - Elmira, NY
Hi Earl, Well i didnt know i as doing a thing called interval training and i didnt know i was sprinting and jogging. pretty neat i will have to look up this interval training. i did do my treadmill wed and thurs. fri i took a break from it and this morning saturday i did my treadmill for 30 minutes. anita

Most Active