Sunday Workout

Linn D.
on 3/2/08 5:30 am - Missoula, MT
For those of us that didn't (or shouldn't) take today as a rest day... Went to an hour-long spin class this morning and peer pressure got the best of me.  Ended up going swimming with the spin instructor also this afternoon - only 10 laps, but haven't been swimming in a couple weeks.  We'll call it good for today. Hopefully my schedule will even out again and I'll get back into my real training.  The triathlon is in 6 weeks! Linn
Deanna34
on 3/2/08 6:28 am - Salem, OR
I got up early this morning for my outdoor long run ... I ran 6.2 miles! Deanna  :)

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid it will never begin."
--Grace Hansen

Weight lost:  140 pounds

Rob S.
on 3/2/08 7:26 am - DE
Well here is my Saturday and Sunday report since they are intertwined. Saturday when I got up I didn't no what kind of day to expect.  It was drizzling but didn't seem too bad out.  So when Susan picked me up to go to Philadelphia, I knew that I was committed (or should be). We got to Boathouse row around 7:30am, took care of the essentials, and we started we started off down the river.  It was fantastic, a little cold, but we warmed up quick.  The scenery was great.  We watched the 12-man crews rowing down the river.  We churned out along the river for four miles, and I must admit that I was counting bridges along the way, thinking that I would pull up and walk at each one, but no we just kept moving.  At the four mile turnaround we slowed down, I gulped down some of my Cytomax sports recovery drink and then revved it up again and headed back.  The wind picked up and was in our face for much of the return run, but it was still good.  My partner made me hard the last half-mile and we crossed the eight mile mark at 1'12".  We walked around a bit, but since it was now getting fairly crowded we got in the car and headed home.  My knees and ankles both felt tender and sore all day. So on Sunday, I finally got my wife to accompany to the gym for a morning swim (she is recovering from Lyme disease so it's but tough on her lately).   So while she was doing 20 laps, I spent the time in the theraphy pool, doing running in resistance against the water slide current.  Then we jumped in the whirlpool to help with the continued soreness.  Leaving the gym I actually felt half-human so... I dropped my wife off at home and proceeded to go join the Snowball 5-miler.  Big mistake, although I went out slow and felt good for the first two miles, the next two were tougher, and the last one was excrutiating.  I crossed in 49:45.    Not bad, but not great.   So I went  home and took a nap.  I need to slow down now, and get ready for the half-marathon next Sunday. Rob
MaryS
on 3/2/08 8:48 am - Long Island, NY
Today I did a 5k race. I volunteered at the race as a "Running Buddy" for one of the kids doing the race. It was lots of fun. I was really happy because the 5k wasn't too bad at all. I've been a little frustrated with getting my endurance back after my lay-off due to my surgery. Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Cassie W.
on 3/2/08 9:11 am
It was a balmy 24 degrees for my 12-miler today.  The sun was shining and the wind was calm. Although it was perfect running weather, it was one of the most difficult runs I've had in a long time.   I have a Morton's neuroma that reared its ugly head and interferred with my running form.  By the time I was done, I was achy and had developed blisters on both feet.  I never get blisters. But, once I got home and soaked in the cold bath, my muscles and joints seemed to forgive me.   Monday will certainly be a rest day. Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active