I kinda binged yesterday

Me13
on 4/4/11 8:55 pm
So this is my public confession to help keep me accountable:

I'm 7 months out and I'm doing fine...but yesterday I kinda binged. 

The "kinda" meaning I didn't stuff myself with a box of cookies in one sitting, but I *did* eat about 6 pieces of cinnamon raisin bread during the day (deliciious, I may add) and a bunch of SF popsicles and who knows what else.  And...I don't know, I was just munchy/ravenous!  I couldn't seem to get enough in to satisy me. 

This is the first time I felt oiut of control in terms of not being able to stop -- I mean, not feeling strong enough to stop.  Did I really need that bread?  Nope.  And my little pouch didn't seem to care one way or the other.  Such a mental game, this is.  

But I don't want to fail.  I'm at the size I want to be (and shrinking, I think, despite the binge yesterday).  I think doing a food diary this week will help get me more in control, something I clearly need. 

(I' m also wondering what is bringing this on!  I started my exercise program again (4x a week) this past week.  Or maybe it's PMS -- I'm due next week!?  Or non PMS?  I feel like I'm having hot flashes!!!)         

Height: 5'6".  Top Weight/Surgery Weight: 274. (August 2010)
8 weeks out:  219.6.  12 weeks out:  198. 
NORMAL WEIGHT REACHED MARCH 2011 (153 lbs.).
Goal BMI:  In the normal range, please -- somewhere between 22-24 
Clothing size 26/28 (triple X) before surgery in August of 2010. 
March 2011 clothing size:  10/12 (large)

Lap. RNY and Gallbladder Removal, Dr. Choi @ Danbury Hospital, Aug. 2010

Sue M.
on 4/4/11 11:47 pm - Nantucket, MA
It happens.  Don't focus on it, don't shame yourself, just go back on plan.

Your body might have been craving some extra carbs due to exercise.  I think the food journal is a great idea (I just went back to it myself) and you'll think twice about everything you put in your mouth!

Keep on keeping on!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
crystal M.
on 4/5/11 12:07 am - Joliet, IL
Hey we're human.  Every single one of us has had days like that.  The good thing is that since we exercise it won't impact us as much as the others that never exercise.  The last time I pigged out I ate 6 peanut butter cookies and I felt sick to my stomach from them.  I think my system is no longer used to all that fat.  But guess what I still lost weight that week. 
mcarthur01
on 4/5/11 12:15 am - Cumming, GA
totally agree, just move and learn from it, we are human.  i log all my food everyday on livestrong/dailyplate to keep myself accountable, but still have some days where i'm off the ranch so to speak.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/5/11 12:19 am - Fort Worth, TX
Don't sweat it! Just be aware that carbs typically don't satisfy hunger, they satisfy cravings, but, unfortunately, it leaves us craving more... For a snack / meal that will satisfy you try to get in protein... Beef Jerky, cheese, nuts, etc... No worries!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active