P90X after surgery?

roogirlmulder
on 4/13/11 6:27 am - San Diego, CA
I was just curious if anyone here has done (or attempted) the P90X program after RNY surgery.

How long did you wait to heal before attempting it? What were your results like? (did it help in trimming up the left over skin?)

Sian
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
Surgery Date 8/25/2011
Highest Weight 310lbs - Current Weight 154lbs - Goal Weight 175lbs

Emily F.
on 4/13/11 10:27 am
Its hardcore. I wouldn't start it until you were released from your doc, at least 6 weeks. Personally I didn't feel like exercise until 3 months, I was open. But I'm sure everyone is different. Good luck.
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/11 2:11 am
On April 13, 2011 at 5:27 PM Pacific Time, Emily F. wrote:
Its hardcore. I wouldn't start it until you were released from your doc, at least 6 weeks. Personally I didn't feel like exercise until 3 months, I was open. But I'm sure everyone is different. Good luck.
Xa xa xa.
Best luck

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11
Kim S.
on 4/14/11 6:18 am - Helena, AL
I am a P90X junkie!  As a matter of fact, Saturday is my 1 year anniversary of doing it!  I also just bought P90X+.  It is REALLY hard core!

I started it almost a year after my surgery, but I had been working out regularly for 18 months before attempting P90X.  I was already doing cardio and weight training regularly and it still nearly killed me!  But I modified it and did what I could.  Now I can do them all, keeping up with the folks in the videos--and the results are amazing!  I really credit these workouts with making my body look so much better.  Yes, I have extra skin, but my arms have great definintion, and I know I have a 6 pack under my "jello" skin.  I also started running at the same time and really that is what did the most good for my leg muscles.

You may want to get Power 90 also by Beachbody.com and master that (thru level 2) and then progress to P90X....... 

Wishing you the best on your fitness journey!!

Kim

roogirlmulder
on 4/14/11 7:21 am - San Diego, CA
That is awesome, thank you so much.

Great idea about trying the Power 90 too. I had been on the beachbody website, and previously bought the Hip Hop Abs and I love it.  I had wondered what the Power 90 was like, and whether it was a prequel to P90X or not.

Thanks for the advice ladies, I'm looking forward to doing things physically that I've not done in a very long time!!

Sian
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
Surgery Date 8/25/2011
Highest Weight 310lbs - Current Weight 154lbs - Goal Weight 175lbs

Most Active