A day that WLS was made for!

Scott William
on 4/30/11 12:07 pm
I started the day at 6:30 with an 8+ mile run.  From there I went directly to a March of Dimes 3 mile charity walk.  For the record, I would have rather in another 8 miles.  Anyway, after that my son had opening day for baseball which seemed to last all day.  After that I had to finish mowing the lawn that I started mowing yesterday which added another 1.5 miles of hard walking.  I then played baseball with said son for an hour and went out for some shopping and dinner.  The day ended at 9pm but was a non-stop action day. 

Prior to the WLS, I would not have had the energy to do half of that.  Tomorrow I have a 5K that I will run for the fifth time.  It is my longest current race streak that began the year after I had the surgery and one I will try to keep.

Thank god for WLS.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 4/30/11 2:57 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Amen!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Brian Wohlgemuth
on 4/30/11 9:41 pm - IN
Great job!  Here's a pic of how my day went yesterday...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

W2D2 of C25K in the morning, 12 miles of riding with my 15 yr old, mowing the lawn, and then about an hour of walking at night finally got me to break 5kcal for the first time post WLS.

Today is going to be a quiet day at home resting up for Monday morning/afternoon training.

HW: 474  OpW: 406  CW: 267            Twitter - @bwohlgemuth, same with FB
-100lbs 08/17/2010      -200lbs 02/28/2011      OpGoal: 07/05/2011  
Abdominoplasty  3/2012

superconducting
on 4/30/11 11:29 pm - Montgomery, NY
 awesome!  Hope you ate something at some point!  :)  

Katie H.
on 5/1/11 2:27 am - Charlton, MA
That's high five worthy!!  Keep it up Scott!!

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/11 7:32 am
I totally get the full of energy thing. On days I run I have excess energy and try to find things to do. At least next week I'll be home and I'll have lots of work to do there. Right now I am taking care of my grandchildren as my daughter is very sick with morning (all day) sickness. Next week they come home with me and I can take care of them and my household.
Rob S.
on 5/1/11 9:11 am - DE
Your right about all day activities being so much easier. Hope you had fun today. Been quite a pleasure reading your post all these years.
Rob

Rob  

Scott William
on 5/1/11 10:58 am

Thanks Rob.  Thats quite nice to hear.

Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
mcarthur01
on 5/1/11 11:14 pm - Cumming, GA
sounds like a victory to me!  i live for those moments.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

InkdSpEdTchr
on 5/2/11 2:51 am
Stories like yours Scott are why I always say, "WLS was the best decision- ever." Keep it moving!!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Most Active