ART question

superconducting
on 5/7/11 10:13 pm - Montgomery, NY
Hey y'all,  thanks to your advice, I have been getting ART treatments regularly.  I really credit them for getting my hammies back to somewhat usable form, and also getting me through my neck ssues with the long swims and rides.  Wondering how you guys use ART before the race?  I'm asking because on a good treatment, it can leave me pretty sore for a bit..  My guy is having me come in Monday and Wednesday before the Sunday race.. you think that's a good plan?

Rob S.
on 5/7/11 10:30 pm, edited 5/8/11 9:44 am - DE
I always give myself two full day after an ART session before a race. You should be fine going on a Wednesday.
Rob

Rob  

DANCBJAMMIN
on 5/8/11 2:47 am - Fort Worth, TX
I would recommend ART on Monday and a massage on Wednesday versus ART both days. You are going to rip it up! Wish I was going to be there, but I am 99% sure I am in for IM Louisville
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Kim S.
on 5/8/11 11:18 pm - Helena, AL
What is ART?

superconducting
on 5/9/11 3:30 am - Montgomery, NY
 Kim, its basically a type of deep tissue massage, active release technique.  It was invented by a chiropractor and done by them, but not really a chiropractic thing, more of a sports therapy thing.  I have to say, I am a believer, it has made a world of difference in my calves, IT and hammies, and now my neck.  I highly recommend it.

Most Active