Flabby Underarms

Nancy M.
on 5/7/11 2:30 am
Its summer - its hot and I want to wear sleeveless clothes.  Unfortunately, my underarms seem to be showing the most of my weight loss and are really saggy.  Most toning and exercising videos I have seen for flabby arms require using your arms to lift your body up and down.  I am still too heavy (surgery: Mid March) to do that.  I am in my 50's and I'm not sure much of this can be toned anyways but I am open to any suggestions?  Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me.  I'm not sure I can handle 100+ temperatures wearing long sleeves.
MacMadame
on 5/8/11 5:09 am - Northern, CA
You can't get rid of loose skin by exercising. You can build your muscles which fills out some of the skin but there is a limit.

That said, there are plenty of exercises you can do to build biceps and triceps with free weights. You can get free weights (i.e., dumbbells) at most sporting goods stores.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Kim S.
on 5/8/11 11:23 pm - Helena, AL
I've lost 170 lbs and my arms were big.  I've built my arm muscles up to the point that I have good definition, but yes, I still have some skin. 

I never kept my arms covered though!  I live in the deep south and would die if I didn't go sleeveless! 

Get some weights--begin with 5 lbs and work up to at least 20 (I'm currently at 15 and 20).  Do not be afraid of heavy weight!  Good form is a must--you have to work the whole arm--shoulders, biceps and triceps.  There are tons of exercises you can find on the Internet.

JsSkinnyMom
on 5/9/11 3:39 am - Youngsville, LA

Do you get to go down to the beach very often?  We go to Orange Beach every summer as our family vacation.  Both my siblings and their families come and sometimes we're even able to force my parents to come!  We just love it.  Looks like it would be about the same drive for you as it is for us (six hours about).

J's Skinny Mom  

HW 238 / SW 235 / CW 120  
Kim S.
on 5/10/11 11:14 am - Helena, AL
Yep!  Just got back from Gulf Shores last weekend!  I get to go a few times a year....love it.  Where is your town in La?  I'm from Slidell/Pearl River area originally.

Kim

JsSkinnyMom
on 5/10/11 12:04 pm - Youngsville, LA
Awesome!  I love the beach too.  We're going to Beau Rivage for the weekend the first week in June then back to Phoenix X the first week in August.  I CAN'T wait! 

We're just a few miles outside of Lafayette. 

J's Skinny Mom  

HW 238 / SW 235 / CW 120  
Kim S.
on 5/11/11 3:41 am - Helena, AL
My girls trip (6 of us having been doing this for years) is August 13th--a whole week of no husbands/no kids....it is heaven.  We stay at Crystal Shores West on West Beach in Gulf Shores.

Have fun at the Beau!  I love Biloxi too! 

venessa24
on 5/9/11 9:20 am - RI
Toning bands are a great tool too!
Most Active