I think ill just hang out here

javier rosario
on 5/16/11 11:20 am - NJ
after being on this "support board' for a few months now,  i have seen nothing but "my surgery is better then your surgery " wars   

thinking if all of these people spent as much time in the gym as they do fighting thier crusade.. they wouldnt have nothing to complain about!!!  

any way  my name is javier   I have had the lap band since feb 15 2011  and am 54 pounds down..  I am working out in muay thai and credit the majority of that weight loss to this intense training..  muay thai for those unfamiliar is kick boxing from thailand

any other martial artist on here??

anyway  hello  and i think ill just hang out in this section,  and read up on people who dont just sit at the terminal all day playing doctor... 

people who suit up..lace the sneakers and get it going... the pursuit of success with blood sweat and tears

Scott William
on 5/16/11 11:35 am
Lap Band Huh? lol

There are a few here that do a little rolling around -ju jitsu I believe. Welcome.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
superconducting
on 5/16/11 11:41 am - Montgomery, NY
 no surgery wars here bro, we just bring it to the gym, track, bike, dojo, whatever man!  Welcome!  

javier rosario
on 5/16/11 11:51 am - NJ
thanks for the welcome gents!
Paul C.
on 5/16/11 1:54 pm - Cumming, GA
This forum is about supporting and encouraging eachothers accomplishments.  Wt surgery someone has had is of little importance.

So Welcome!  post to our daily workout threads.

There are a couple of s that do martial arts.  I have started ATA Tae Kwon Do since I have had my surgery along with running and all the other stuff I do now.

Hope you find many friends here.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
nate2009
on 5/16/11 10:13 pm - Lebanon, OH
Your lapband sucks ! Just kidding !
Welcome
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
Hawgman
on 5/16/11 11:24 pm - TX

Javier,
Glad your here dude.
The only way to get fussed at here is to be a slacker!  LOL
Seriously these guys and gals are super inspirational.  Take advantage of them.

Darrell

Seht
on 5/17/11 12:26 am
Welcome Javier,

I am not currently doing martial arts, but I was an active Judo competitior for many years.
Post surgery, they found some venous issues and recommended that I not participate in any contact sports due to the possibility of injury and bleeding. 

I'm suposed to go back for a checkup next year I hope they will release me to go back.

I think you will find lots of support here, there isn't any of that I'm better than you or my surgery can beat up your surgery crap here.

Just a bunch of people encouraging each other to work out and stay healthy. 

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 12:32 am - TX
My doc has banned me from doing our annual Judo camp in June. She doesn't think getting thrown around three months post surgery is a good idea.
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 12:31 am - TX
I am a third degree brown in American Karate. I take a muay thai class every summer that my husband is into (he's a second level black belt) and I've also done some grappling and stick fighting and knife fighting. Working on getting my black belt in March 2012. Karate has provided me with the desire to lose weight, to get the RNY surgery and to stay in shape to stay competitive.

I had RNY 3/1/11 and I am 50 lbs down as of yesterday. 40 lbs to go to my goal weight.

Welcome.
Most Active