please help!

Andrew T.
on 5/26/11 10:47 am - Columbus, OH
 I am about seven months post-op & down 157 pounds - I joined this outdoor bootcamp at my gym and have completed the first month..I feel amazing and very proud of what I've accomplished. 

However, during some of the group bootcamp sessions our trainers make the group do a few exercises that involve jumping (squat & lunge jumps to name a few). Due to the amount of weight I have lost, there is sagging skin & my thighs are larger in general on my body. It's embarrassing to admit, but when I attempt these exercises my excess skin slaps together - so my trainer has modified the workouts for me so that they were still effective. That only lasted a few weeks and now I know I am capable of doing the lunge jumps but was wondering if anyone knew of any under-garments that are made for men that I could look into purchasing - particularly some that would support my thighs. I would really appreciate the help! I'm starting my second month soon and want to bring the heat!!! 

superconducting
on 5/26/11 10:58 am - Montgomery, NY
 I use tank tops from this store http://stores.ebay.com/easyliving100compressionwearshop and they work really well for me.  I know they have shorts as well.  

Andrew T.
on 5/26/11 11:10 am - Columbus, OH
 Thanks man!

mcarthur01
on 5/26/11 11:26 am - Cumming, GA
i use under armour compression tank top (two sizes smaller than my t-shirt size) and under armour compression underwear one size smaller than my short size.  i tuck the tank into the underwear and then put on normal gym clothes over it... that works for me to keep everything together.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

jwc10s
on 5/26/11 2:26 pm
 absolutely get the compression under garments. I have started wearing them for running, and they are awesome. make sure they feel almost like you cant breath, and then you have the right size. Too big and they do nothing for you or holding your skin in place.

Paul C.
on 5/26/11 11:21 pm - Cumming, GA
Like others I wear compression garments.  I buy mine at Kohls and get them for about $25 a set. 

I agree that the loose skin can be embarassing and uncomfortable.  I even wear the tops when I swim.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
Most Active