Just for Fun: When I'm at the gym, I hate it when....

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/11 3:41 am
This used to happen to me when I was working with a PT.  He had a gym in his basement and the belt on the TM would always slip.  Made me a nervous wreck.  He'd say "don't worry!  i'll catch ya!" --I would think "yeah right!!" He was a whopping 140 lbs and I outweighed him by about 50 lbs back then!  I'd knock his skinny a$$ right over!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/11 5:38 am - TX
...when there are six rows of empty treadmills and someone gets on the one RIGHT beside me....

...when I am on the assisted pullup/dip machine and five buff guys line up and wait for me to finish.....

....when someone doesn't wipe their funk off the machine they just left!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/11 3:42 am
Love it!  Can relate to all three!!
nate2009
on 6/28/11 6:08 am - Lebanon, OH
The butt munches who sit at a machine and text in between sets.

When the old lady with the walker passes me when I'm running

No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
Jillian O.
on 6/28/11 6:33 am - Fort Riley, KS
The ridiculous leg spreader machine all the women line up to use. Don't they know that machine is bad for you and will injure you more than help you? Doing that "exercise" does nothing to help you in everyday life, unless you are a **** then I guess it would help........

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

Seht
on 6/28/11 7:25 am
Don't you know they set those machines up for entertainment purposes.

The one at my last gym was positioned so that they are giving a show to all the power lifters or guys on the treadmill.

They need their own corner.

What I really hate is having to show up early for spin class just to get a bike, walk in and find most of the bikes taken by people who have dropped off their gear, towels, bottles etc and then gone on break only to return right when class starts.

You wouldn't see that with a piece of weight equipment in the gym.  No wait I have dibs on this bench press.  didn't you see my towel on the floor....

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 6/28/11 8:41 am - Northern, CA
"What I really hate is having to show up early for spin class just to get a bike, walk in and find most of the bikes taken by people who have dropped off their gear, towels, bottles etc and then gone on break only to return right when class starts."

I  used to hate that, but now I give in and do it. I got tired of having to take the castoff bikes with no meters because I came to class at a normal time.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Kim S.
on 6/28/11 11:17 pm - Helena, AL
If you are a good **** you wouldn't need the machine....you'd get enough exercise during your working hours!

I always thought that was a stupid machine....it would be hilarious for someone to attach a doll's head to the crotch of their workout pants and use it........see?  This is why I have my own gym in my basement..........I'd get thrown out of a public place!!!

Jillian O.
on 6/29/11 12:41 pm - Fort Riley, KS
HA! That would be hilarious!

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

DANCBJAMMIN
on 6/28/11 7:23 am - Fort Worth, TX
Walking into the locker room with multiple elderly gentleman walking around stark naked whilst balsac drags on the ground, who then try to engage you in conversation...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active