Ideas for pre op exercise program???

Lisa S.
on 11/30/11 8:41 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
 Hey y'all. My surgery will not be until March/April ( insurance waiting period, LOL). But I want to make some positive changes now. I joined a great, no-frills gym (Fitness for $10). But I have no idea what to do once I get there. I have just been getting on the treadmill for 60 mins. I am thinking about just building up my endurance, then my speed. But I know I need to be doing weights/resistance training or something. I want to get a handle on my "bat wings". Any advice???

Kim S.
on 12/1/11 4:29 am - Helena, AL
My advice is hire a trainer for a few sessions so they can make a plan for you.  Yes, you should mix cardio and strengh training-and I'll tell you this....I did that for 6 months before my surgery and it made the recovery a breeze!  You are definitely doing the right thing!

The key to weight training is to ensure good form.  You don't need to do a bunch of reps....it is better to work toward higher weight, less reps and excellent form.

I lost 175 lbs and have not had plastics.  Granted, I do have extra skin, but it looks so much better with good muscles underneath!

Best wishes on your journey!

Kim

Lisa S.
on 12/4/11 11:51 pm - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
Thank you for your advice. I appreciate it. I have met with a trainer once. And will meet again sometime this week.

Most Active