finding ways to work out!

joetorres
on 11/14/13 6:55 am

After losing our home and having no choice but to sleep on my brothers floor. I had to end my gym membership so i had to come up with ways to lose more weight. I sort of hit a plateau so i switched to cardio and began losing more weight. Ill walk from my bros house and keep walking till my feet cant take it no more "around 4 miles" then ill head back home. My Mother who now lives with me in my brothers house tells me that my dog wont stop crying when i leave for my walks so i had to kill 2 birds with one stone. Take him with me on my walks!! No not walking the dog! Im talking carrying him! I got a doggy backpack for 11$ on ebay and now he walks with me adding 10 pounds of weight on my back. He helped me jump the weight plateau from 369 im now 354 so i lost 15 more pounds walking with Buddy! I do miss the gym tho but this will do for now i guess till our situation gets fixed.

billmacc7
on 11/14/13 7:32 am - MA

1st sorry to hear of your struggles in terms of housing. However, so GREAT you exercising w/ your dog.!! Making lemonade out of lemons! In terms of the gym, you should check w/ local facilities to see if they have any scholarship or reduced cost programs.  Good Luck

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

nlmcb
on 11/20/13 2:14 pm

Wow good for you! You are a shining example of "no excuses"! Way to make it happen!

Mimisocks
on 11/26/13 11:13 am - PA
RNY on 07/08/13

Wow!  I am in awe of what you have accomplished so far and how motivated you are!  Keep at it, you are so worth it!!!!  Hoping things turn around for you financially very soon.

Congrats!

Believe in yourself and don't ever stop dreaming!

Most Active