Government Funded Weight Loss Management

bubbles23223
on 11/11/14 7:26 am - Canada

I'm in a slight predicament with my program details.  I am in a natural weight loss program as well, I have begun the bariatric weight loss surgery program, I was told in the orientation that I am not aloud to be in two government funded programs at the same time.  This seems odd considering the natural weight loss program refers people into bariatrics.  I was discouraged and nerous, and my questions are underway with both programs.  It's time for me to spend time deciding whether to have the surgery instead of deciding between two programs,`````````````````````````

SkinnyScientist
on 11/23/14 5:13 am

I cant speak for you.

However, I went through the programs to get WLS THREE times before I pulled the trigger.

I am american and that 6 months of hell waiting for insurance approvals, psych exams, and etc. I did that three times.

ON the first two times, I told myself, lets try WW again, atkins again, ANYTHING again!  This time it will work!

Each time it failed.

I was jsut left fatter, sicker, and more broke (because Jenny Craig, WW, and etc arent covered by insurance).

So on the third time, I pulled the trigger, had WLS and it has been the ONLY thing that worked.

That has been my experience.

Good luck and pick what is right for you.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

bubbles23223
on 11/23/14 7:33 am - Canada

Well, SkinnyScientist it seems I'm a bit of a story teller.  I will try to keep it honest.  I've called Wharton Diet clinic and inquired about coming back to them after the WLS.  I'm now a bariatric weight loss client. Wharton Medically supervised diabetes and weight loss management has fallen by the weigh-side for now although I have learned a lot of good health benefactors in portion sizes and management and good food choices, as well I have myself on a good exercise routine.  I'm not a diabetic, nor am I looking to complain about health hazards here in the diet and exercise forum.  Just keeping motivated, strong willed, and developing a better sense of faith in everyday routine here.  

Work for a cause, not for applause.  Live life to express, not too impress.Don't strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.-Unknown

SkinnyScientist
on 11/23/14 3:03 pm

I am glad you picked WLS. 

You will learn portion control and better choices on the way (at least that is what my program/surgeons office stateside did).

It is ****ty that the gov makes you pick.  But then again, isnt that the roll of government (to be a crushing and demotivating as possible)?

SEe you later.

Hang in there.

Keep practicing what you learned in terms of exercise, food and portions

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active