AudLight’s Posts

AudLight
on 9/9/17 9:52 am
Topic: RE: Fueling a Long Run

I'm a new runner and I am training for a half marathon. I had RNY 7 years ago. I am curious what people who are distance runners eat before a run. I am not afraid of carbs but I do react poorly to them sometimes. I would also love to know what you guys eat on runs cause all the gels and bars I have seen have way too my sugar for my system.

Thanks for any tips or advice.

- Audrey

AudLight
on 10/19/11 8:21 am
Topic: RE: LA Fitness?
Does anyone have experience with LA Fitness?  I recently tore my cartilage in my knee and the bike and elliptical are ok but they hurt my knee a little more than I would like.  I was thinkig of joining a gym with a pool so that I could swim.  I had a really bad experience with joining a gym and I was wondering if you guys had any experience (good or bad) with LA Ftiness?  I am torn on whether or not it is worth it to spend the money to join a gym vs. just keeping working in my limited fitness center at my apartment. 
   - Audrey

AudLight
on 10/19/11 8:13 am
Topic: RE: Music??
 The radio station I listen to has started putting up playlists for running.  They are linking them to spotify so you can just click over and get the playlist if you have spotify.  If you don't have spotify it is still a good list of fun songs, I have been lsitening to them the past few days and really enjoying it.

http://thebertshow.com/training-for-the-atlanta-marathon-or- just-running-in-general-check-out-our-running-playlists/
   - Audrey

AudLight
on 9/19/11 8:43 pm
Topic: RE: Tips for Bad Knees
I am about 9 months out from surgery and I have recently started running.  I have never been a runner, even when I was relatively fit in high school.  I am finding that I really enjoy it.  I started doing the couch to 5k program and, after modifying the plan a bit, I am up to a point where I can run about 2.1 miles of the total 3.11 miles in the 5k.  The problem is my knee.  It has really been bothering me the last couple of times I have gone running.  I run on a treadmill.  I tried a knee sleeve but that really made it hurt more when I did my walking intervals.  My knee definitely gives me more pain while walking than while actually running, and today I am having trouble moving it at all.  

Any tips for helping out my knees?  How much pain is too much pain?

I was a goalie for soccer in high school which involved a lot of diving onto my knees and I have injured my knees several times in my life.  I like running but I am afraind my knees will not allow it.  I am a teacher so I have to be able to move around during the day, and today I am pretty much going to have to confine myself to a chair cause moving hurts a lot.  
   - Audrey

Most Active