Endoscopy

jacksgrammie
on 5/9/11 9:45 am - CA
Hi I saw the surgeon today and he said I was a excellent candidate for fourth y gastric bypass. I go for first part of 2 appointments at the end of the month for the endoscopy. Can anyone share there experience having that . Would love some friends on here. Looking forward to my journey. Enjoy reading the comments. Thanks roni
sfnativewm
on 5/9/11 10:19 am
Welcome to the board!  never had to have an endoscopy and had lap band, just thought I would welcome you! 

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

jacksgrammie
on 5/9/11 12:03 pm - CA
Thank you for your reply. I read about the endoscopy but would like to hear from others. Con grads on your new life. roni
jacksgrammie
on 5/9/11 12:09 pm - CA
*I had a typo because I was using my phone. The surgery is the Roux-en y gastric bypass.
Just Brooke
on 5/9/11 9:52 pm
It's no biggie. It's a small camera they put down your throat to check for things that could prevent you from having the surgery. They put you to sleep and the procedure takes about 5 minutes and you wake up like nothing happened. It's not the same kind of anesthesia like when you have actual surgery, but it does knock you out.
jacksgrammie
on 5/9/11 10:57 pm - CA
Thank u Brooke for your reply. I didn't know I would be asleep . Feeling less scared thanks. Roni
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 12:11 am - Canada
It's called twilight sedation.

You may have some consciousness of what's going on but the sedation is enough to make you relax/sleep.

I've had three gastroscopies (one pre-surgery and two post-surgery due to an h pylori infection)

The worst part of the endoscopy procedure is getting the IV site and perhaps the taste of the xylocaine spray they use to numb the throat...
jacksgrammie
on 5/13/11 3:53 am, edited 5/13/11 3:54 am - CA
Thank you myke.
Grider
on 5/28/11 1:17 pm - Clearwater, FL
hI i have had the endoscopy because i did have H-pylori- now workign on the lap band, how did that go for you, still approved ? I worry because i ahd those issues they may NOT approve me. doing the colonoscopy now to get that ou of the way.
ronibug
on 5/30/11 1:23 pm - Baypoint, CA
Tomorrow is my appointment for consultation before endoscope. It is covered by insurance. I will post how it goes I want to talk to the dr about possible blockage. Glad to get it fixed if there is something wrong. Want the twilight meds for this.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 371 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 941 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1320 views