New Guy

MinneBill
on 10/10/11 5:16 am - MN
Hi all-

Just wanted to stop by and say "hi."  It is awesome that there is a GLBT WLS forum.  Two of my favorite topics at once!

I have been jumping through surgeon and insurance hoops for the last 5 months.  I have now received insurance approval and am just waiting to schedule a date for my RNY.  Hoping for the first week in November.  It is going to be here before I know it.

My partner of almost 10 years is being fantastic.  He is excited that he is destined to lose a bit in this process too (poor baby, he no longer fits in his 34" jeans... HA!  I haven't seen those since elementary school!).   We have a great relationship, but I think me having more energy will really allow us to spend more quality time together doing things that we both love... camping, hiking, biking, canoeing.

Well, anyway, just wanted to say Hi! 

Bill

Richbehr
on 10/10/11 8:11 am - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
Hello and Welcome

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/11 8:28 pm
Hi and Welcome
gman1972
on 10/10/11 9:58 pm, edited 10/10/11 9:59 pm
Hi Bill,
You and I have some similarities...my partner of 9 years was in 36's and never saw a 46 in his life.
He is now in 34's and a lil bit, um pissy, about me being in 36's and knockin on 34s door. I to dont ever remember being in 34's which is where I think I will settle down too. I also dont ever remember being 175 which is my low point goal. 

If you have been big all your life, you are about to go on a journey or an adventure of sorts. My take on this was its really an whole lot of epiphanies. The changes in the what/how you eat were knowns. I mean in the sense that we all have had some insight in the changing of habits.

The coolest part of this adventure is the unknowns, the things in life that you never realized that you missed by being heavy. Or maybe the ones that we decided to ignore after so many years of accepting our fate. Well Fate is going to come back with vengence over the next months to years.

Examples, feeling your cheekbone, your ribs, pulling the seatbelt tight and realizing that there is plenty of it left. Going down the waistline ladder, looking at someone in a cute outfit and saying WOW I can go buy that now and feel good about wearing it. Walking up flights, yes I said flights of stairs. Sitting in chairs made for the masses, those without mass that is...

Good Luck to you my friend, we are here for you...

Hugs G..

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/11 4:37 am
Howdy

Great to see another fella from Minnesota I also have a partner of 10yrs he is also excited with this process and my R N Y I will be having sugery closer to Thanksgiving The journey ahead is all for good health and a awesome life

ohbearly
on 10/12/11 3:01 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Welcome Bill,

This is a wonderful community and I know you will find great support here. I know I have over the years. Best of luck in your journey and remember that it is a journey that will open a new world to you.

Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

goclint
on 10/13/11 7:26 am - TX
Welcome, Bill!  Tons of great people, info and support on here.  Enjoy the ride!!!!
Craig C.
on 10/14/11 1:06 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Bill

You have a wonderful journey ahead of you! I also have a partner of almost 20 years who has been very supportive during this journey for me. Its always great to have someone to lean on and your partner should be your best friend so no better person. This group is very supportive and the people are wonderful never hesitate to ask a question if you have one.

Craig

tabbott4
on 10/16/11 9:01 am - VA
Welcome, I hope this site is as helpful for you as it has been for me.
Ithocles
on 10/17/11 2:48 am
Welcome to the group Bill.  Aren't those insurance and doctor visit hoops tiring to go through?  It's amazing how quick things happen once you are set and ready to go.  I imagine it'll start going really fast for you now.  Let us know the date when you get it.

Sincerely,

Danny

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 370 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 940 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1318 views