OH+FB= meltdown

seanbear66rn
on 1/25/12 3:18 pm - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 WOW .....people are not happy with OH use of their FB page.....what do you all think ? Do you think it has added impact for this forum ? 
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/12 10:19 pm
I not sure but I use twitter more than FB.
Changes at time are hard for people to accept.  But that is me.
OneFinger
on 1/29/12 5:06 am
I value my privacy which is why I never set up FB, OH, twitter, or any other account under my real name. I just don't like all the "linking" that is being done on the internet.

There's just too much potential for identity theft. And, I don't like that employers are doing interenet searches on prospective new hires.

I'm very glad my personal life and internet persona are separate.
High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
ohbearly
on 1/29/12 10:59 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
I don't know that it has so much impact here. Most OH folks use these special interest forums. Facebook can not do that. They can only do general broadcasts to a wider audience. I remember years ago many of us in this forum FB friended many of the regulars. I still keep in touch with them there more than here. I also think that works well for people farther out since they tend to not visit OH much after 18-34 months. -- Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

CorpusMutatis
on 1/30/12 12:21 am
I think the problem is that a lot of people post stuff over here that they wouldn't put on their facebook. This is a medical site and people tend to talk about their medical issues over here more.  It's not a good idea to link up those posts to facebook without the facebook user giving the 'okay' to do so.  I know that this place is technically just as "public" as facebook but this place doesn't have my entire friends list tied to my account. 

Until this is resolved I have cut off my real life photo and name to my OH account. It may be overkill but it's just better to be overly cautious.  I have talked about my HIV status pretty openly over here in some posts especially in posts with other people wanting to know what advice I had been given pre WLS and if that ended up being one of the posts pulled to the public OH(Facebook) site it would be linked through my liked pages off of my account and not everyone in my facebook friends list knows my status (nor do I want them to).
lesbianvoice
on 2/1/12 4:08 am
We even had an LGBT OH FB group!! I remember that. And I actually still talk to all of them today as well!
I have found a new way of life that has kept me at Goal since 2008.. And keeping it that way!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 370 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 940 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1318 views