I'm real and not the only one.

nancee.n
on 9/28/08 7:36 pm - brooklyn center, MN
Hello folks I haven't been here for a while but I know several people who are here alot and was informed that folks don't think its possile to have a band no fills and lose weight. Well I'm here to tell you its true I was banded 2/5/08 and got a great band. I lost my hunger and have some restriction form day one.I can only eat 1-11/2 cups of food and I'm full . If I eat more I hurt . I will and have pb (productive burp ) If I eat to fast and or don't chew well.as of Sat.Sept. 27 I'm down a total (pre/post op)of  106 lbs Yea!!! baby that right and to date no fills. I have ask and was told by my Dr. that I'm not the only one .So to any folks who think it  not possible unless your big foot or from outter space I say  ok my shoe size is a 10 1/2 but thats not that big really!!! and I'm a little out there but not that far out.. At least thats what I tell myself!!!  I count my blessing and know I'm very , very lucky . I know it happen just not that often but It does happen and I'm proof. I wonder if and when my hunger will return I've been told It may ar may not . So I pray for not and count my blessing each day that it is.  Even with this great band I still have had issues . I was afraid to try pills for a long time cause what if they got stuck??? but I take them now just fine . I have body image issues I still see the big me not the new smaller me . I'm working on it pictures really do help so any new kids on the block reading this take pictures lots it helps in the future. And OMG when it that time of the month I have cravings like (get the hell out of the way I want meat salt or sweet and I want it 10 minutes ago ) and I may have to run you over to get it and I don't care. I had the odd craving before surgery but know Man its nuts. I also have head hunger on and off but this I can usually get around but those cravings... guy's your so lucky.." perfect" band or not I'm still living in the real world and I still have to make good choices and follw the rules.    On that note have a good day one and all and FYI I'm not sure which OH message board the topic came up so I'm posting on all of them. so you'll see this every where... But isn't that what they say about people from outter space ( there every where and yet know where to be found......?)  Nancee  banded Dr.Jeff. 2/5/08 -106lbs brooklyn center, mn

Nancee  

Kate -True Brit
on 9/28/08 7:57 pm - UK
That's wonderful! And to add to your encouragement for those thinking of being banded - I wasn't as restricited as you fromt he start but I did have quite reasonable restricition even before my fills and soince then every single fill i ahve had has taken me straight back to full restricition.

So, yes! It can happen! But we are the more unusual ones!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Krista C.
on 9/28/08 7:59 pm - Quispamsis, Canada
WOW! Congrats Nancy! That's an amazing weight loss!!!!!!!!

How much more do you want to lose?

nancee.n
on 9/28/08 9:08 pm - brooklyn center, MN
thank you I started at 315 my goal is 175 and once there may be 155 I'd like to make the 1st goal thats the one I set with my Dr. then I'll see about the new one which will put me in a " normal BMI"...

Nancee  

hopeforme
on 9/28/08 8:02 pm - Charles City, VA
Wow, great job!!! I know you have done your work! 

Bette B.
on 9/28/08 10:39 pm
LMAO - oh, it is SO nice to finally meet "Bigfoot"! (I'm a size 10-11, BTW.)

In over five years of being on this board, I don't think I've ever met anyone who never had a fill, though, as I've posted before, I've HEARD about them. CONGRATS on how well you've done!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

kerniec
on 9/28/08 11:03 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14
Nancee

Congrats on your great loss and what I call "natural restriction" ie restriction from the placement of the band alone.  I wish I had been in the lucky few...but I am going OK for myself and definitely follow the rules, with very few transgressions.

One thing I have to say about fills is that they are affected by loss, it seems like every fill I get "goes away" thus far as I drop more weight...all the more reason to be envious of those who don't have to depend on that...

Truly, 106 is awesome!  I too am aiming for the healthy BMI, and I would like to be comfortably in that range, although I wonder how much my excess skin will factor into the scale?  My high this year was 274, 277 at the end of 2006 before I got pregnant....I even got married at 275 in 1998, so obviously that was my body's fat set point.  Here's to setting new "set points" for ourselves!

275 SW 8/5/08LB 165MW 2009-11, LB complications 2010-14

7-22-14 Revision LB to VSG 212SW/192CW/159GW  HT 5'7"

nancee.n
on 9/29/08 2:04 am - brooklyn center, MN
thanks for the kind words and thoughts. I just love my band God bless and have a great day.

Nancee  

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/08 2:40 am
I have a friend who is 5 years out and still on her first fill, over a 100 pounds down.  I've also been unfilled and never fully lost restriction.  I'm self pay, so I consider this a double blessing that I don't need a lot of fills to get me going.
jojoplus2
on 9/29/08 2:41 am - MN
Way to go Nancee!

See I told you guys she existed! In fact I saw Nancee last night and she looked even smaller than the last time I saw her! She's very famous around these parts. We love to hate her because she hasn't needed a fill yet, but mostly we just love her!

Jojoplus 2 aka Joanie
Total unfil 8-19-10 -4.6ccs
Refill 8-30-10 to 2.5ccs
2nd Refill 9-20-10 to 3.55ccs

Most Active