Holy Liquid Diet Batman.

PaintingChef
on 1/13/11 11:43 pm - TN
One week down, one to go.  I'm not sure what happened but I hit about Day 5 and suddenly felt like a million bucks.  Has that happened to anyone else doing their pre-op diet?

And then I stepped on the scale last night before getting in the shower and was SHOCKED to see that I've lost TWELVE POUNDS.

I feel like I could do this forever but then I have this mental image of Oprah in those skinny jeans pulling that wagon of fat out onto her stage and we all know how that worked out... right?  Aside from which, I know a liquid diet is unrealistic, don't worry.  I'm mostly kidding about wanting to just do this forever.  But twelve pounds in a week is enough to excite anyone, right?  I mean... unless you are GAINING that in a week.  Which... bad.

So.  Just saying hi in a thread with no drama.  How is everyone else on their pre-op liquid diet doing?
My blog:  PaintingChef

coachgrrl
on 1/13/11 11:50 pm
 I experienced something similar on the preop liquid diet.  I was headachy and miserable the first 3 days as I detoxed from all the carbs...then about day 5 I felt pretty amazing.  I lost a similar amt of weight as well.  It really helped me post-op ..because I was already "in the zone"

Don't get ahead of yourself with all the "what ifs"

I think it's Ms. Swoosh who has at the bottom of her posts..'just keep swimming'

steelerfan1
on 1/14/11 12:29 am
Congrats to you !!! Just one more week and you will be sitting with us on the lapband bench .

Keep up the great work Im proud of you !!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

bleumonique
on 1/14/11 2:00 am - los angeles, CA
YES!  You can feel really, really great that first week.  Just a brief warning, sometimes that is just before te body starts craving carbs.  But you can tough it. out  Just keep remembering how you feel RIGHT NOW!

It's the best, isn't it?!
http://www.meetup.com/Lap-Band-Meetup/
Highest weight: 275; Consult: 265; 2 wks Pre-Op (5-14-10): 255;  current weight (9-26-11):

Largest Size: 24; Pre-Op Size (5-14-10): 20; Current Size (9-26-11): 14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

JoMixx
on 1/14/11 4:00 am - West Yarmouth, MA

I remember feeling the same way! (my surgery was a week ago) At first I didn't want anyone eating real food around me while I was going through the liquid diet.  Now I am so immune to it that my family can eat what they want and it doesn't bother me too much.  

I am still drinking soups, happy with the weight loss but Gawd I might kill for a scrambled egg!   LOL!!! 

Hang in there its all worth it!  

Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
Huggles13151
on 1/14/11 9:05 am - Northwood, OH
The same thing happened to me. The only time I felt really hungry before my surgery was after water aerobics but it was manageable. I had my surgery on Monday the 10th. I'm sore and have enough gas to fill the Goodyear blimp but I'm not really hungry. The weird thing is I keep fantacizing about having a scrambled egg....lmao. I'm on the liquid diet until the 26th and thought I'd be craving something more exotic than an egg.

vickiejk
on 1/14/11 10:06 am - McDonough, GA
Thats so funny cause I remember thinking I'd give a million bucks for a scrambled egg when I was on liquids!

Vickie Jane

jules777
on 1/14/11 12:20 pm - CA
I too am on the post-op liquid diet, I havent lost a pound and even came home gaining 3 lbs??? How is this possible? I am still in some discomfort, how long are you supposed to have the gas and be in pain? I had my surgery on Monday the 10th...
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/20/11 1:03 am - Mexico
On January 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM Pacific Time, jules777 wrote:
I too am on the post-op liquid diet, I havent lost a pound and even came home gaining 3 lbs??? How is this possible? I am still in some discomfort, how long are you supposed to have the gas and be in pain? I had my surgery on Monday the 10th...

IV fluids. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
snoozing61
on 1/14/11 12:18 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
What is it about liquid diets and scrambled eggs?????  After my surgeries, one for my colon and than my Band surgery,  I did the liquid diet, two weeks both times.  While still in the Full liquids and during the "munchies" all I wanted was scrambled eggs!!!!  The first morning of regular foods, again both times, my son rewarded me for following all the rules, and made me scrambled eggs!!!!  They were wonderful.  These two weeks will be done before you know it.  Best of luck.

highest WT: 364#s (05/10); pre-op: 314#s(08/10); current: 292#s (11/10); Christmas goal: 279#'s; "happy" goal: 190#s; ultimate goal: 164#s 
Most Active