25 miles this week???? Who's in???

jaxmom
on 1/14/11 1:59 am
OK, so I don't have the computer skills or much extra time with my chaotic life to actually run an official challenge, but I am starting a personal challenge of committing to a 25 miles/ week Fitness Challenge- starting tomorrow...........................................................

Here is how it works:
For each mile you walk, run or jog = to 1 mile towards your weekly goal (for example, you walked 5 miles today, you earned 5 miles towards your weekly fitness goal).

For any other cardio (bike, elliptical, swimming, etc....) you earn 1 mile for every 15 minutes (for example, if you do the elliptical for 45 minutes, you earned 3 miles). Riding the bike for 50 minutes will only give you 3 miles... the point is to push yourself 10 more minutes to earn that extra mile!!!!!!!!!

*walking around a mall leisurely does not count, for example, if you were planning on going shopping, anyway. It counts if you walk the mall as a method of exercise, though.

Each day we will have a thread for what we accomplished for the day and also our cumulative mileage. For example, if I jogged 5 miles tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, I would write:
Jaxmom: 5/15

After a week, we can keep a daily/weekly/lifetime total.......
You can modify it to what works best for you, if this is more/less than you think you want to do. The point is to challenge ourselves... to push ourselves a little harder.... to sweat & be healthy.... to drop those pounds... to achieve our goals. NO EXCUSES! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!  Sooooo, are you in?????
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

MrsRichardson
on 1/14/11 2:16 am - CA
MrsRichardson
on 1/14/11 2:17 am - CA
Cool, I'll do it!

jaxmom
on 1/14/11 4:44 am
yay!!!! i just started today (tho i won't be counting the mileage)... just because i was so psyched about it : )

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

MrsRichardson
on 1/14/11 5:20 am - CA
I will start today, but I am going to make my goal 15 miles, because Ive only recently started being able to walk correctly again. I have some nerve damage. 15 will be a little over 2 miles a day, and Ive only been doing a 1 and a half. Anyway long story short 15 will be my goal for the week.

jaxmom
on 1/14/11 8:17 am
That's awesome! Really not expecting everyone to kill themselves, lol.... just think we should aim for steady fitness and push ourselves a little bit more. 15 miles is great- pace yourself, though... we don't want you hurting yourself. Maybe try to build up to it???? Your choice, but do what is best for you- especially since you have a medical condition. YAY us.. can't wait for pounds to disappear forever!!!

ChunkNoMore
on 1/14/11 7:52 am - FL
Count me in.  You can even count my hubby!
31 years old - 5 feet 9.5. inches
SW 335 / SW 314 / CW 284 / GW 170

jaxmom
on 1/14/11 8:18 am
lmao at your profile name! love it!!!! glad to have you and hubby on board!!!!!

cathiec
on 1/14/11 9:44 am - Toms River, NJ
I am in. I did an hour of cardo today so how would I write that up?
Cathie

MrsRichardson
on 1/14/11 12:36 pm - CA
By what she wrote in her first post, Id say you get 4 miles. I think she said a mile for each 15 miles.

Most Active