the good the bad and the ugly.....

ldybrigit
on 4/4/11 1:17 pm - Rockledge, FL
 I have been a member here of Oh since my surgery in July of 2010.  I started at 205 and am down to 165 now and a size 10.. and stalled.... for about the last 2 months... I am wearing a size 10 now vs. an 18 when I started.  
Some would call this too slow and OMG why havent i lost it all its been so many  months... I am very very happy with where i am now.. I am slowing down (which is natural when you have less to lose).

I am also still paying my gym *hush money*  in hopes that if i do it will let me avoid it until i come to terms with that need for my wt loss goals. 

Do i follow band rules 100% of the time?  Yes and no...let me explain
YES- i NEVER drink with meals .. at least 45 min after 
No- sometimes i catch myself grazing on little snack items

Its a learning process, I havent needed a fill in over 3 months... I have great satisfaction with my surgeon, followup and band use.  

Are the there nights that  I (excuse my language here) FEED my dinner to the bathroom zombie toilet? YOU BET.... 

I knew all this going it.. I watched my best friend in the world go from 265 at her heaviest to 112 now.  She has been up and down and its been almost 5 years for her.  

This is just part of my journey... POSITIVE and NEGATIVE... would i do it again.. HELL YES.. even with the ick parts... my band is a fickle ebiil biznitch some days.. but i love her..

Have a great night everyone!
Whitney
NtheGame
on 4/4/11 1:54 pm
funny blog.  i like your energy.  I ditto your remarks.  Who wouldn't want to be a size 10 over an 18???  hello???  and when in your past did you go down that many sizes in less than a year.  I see my band kind of like my husband, I love my band dearly, but there are days.................but I wouldn't trade my band for the world.  have a great evening. 
 NtheGame      
barbara314
on 4/4/11 10:07 pm
Thanks for putting it all into perspective, Whitney!!!  WLS is a journey, and with any journey, there are bumps in the road.  I'm so glad you posted how happy you are with what you have lost and the time it has taken to do so.   As the wicked witch of the west said in "The Wizard Of Oz," - "All in good time, my pretty, all in good time."

I have a sign in my office that reads,
"GRANT ME PATIENCE LORD, BUT HURRY."  Love it!!!
~ Barbara

crice
on 4/4/11 11:30 pm, edited 4/4/11 11:33 pm - Crown City, OH
Enjoyed your post I know that  I would not have lost the weight I have without my band.
                             I would have like for it to be more but I'm a work in progress

You have a wonderfull day also!
                                                                                                  Connie

Stephanie M.
on 4/5/11 1:06 am

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active