1 day liquids

vwbug
on 4/25/11 11:35 am - WA
Well I can report that I did not crumble and eat any solid food for my first day of liquids.  I think I did try to cram to much in to trying things to drink. It overwelmed me a bit.   I think the only thing I really missed was having the crunchy feeling/sound in my mouth. 

I do know I will have to figure out a plan to get the protien I need, because I am not a big fan of the protein drinks, I have tried several and they seem so sweet to me.  I am not into sweets anyway, give me something salty and I am a happy camper.

So with all that said, I have a better plan in mind for tomorrow. Wish me luck
psychomom
on 4/25/11 11:58 am - China Grove, NC
Good luck !!!! :) You can do it !!!! The liquid diet is SO hard but you will do great just hang in there and do your best :)

Wendybrum
on 4/25/11 12:27 pm - Oceanside, NY
 I hear  ya.
Everyday is a new day.
Trying to get that protein will help.
wendy

reddhedgrl
on 4/25/11 12:36 pm
Today was my 1st day pre-op liquid diet...protein drinks seem to sweet to me as well. I tried 4 different ones today. I caved and ate a couple of Easter eggs..( hard boiled eggs) I'm not sure I can do liquids only. I know the pre op diet is to help with the liver and pancreas but UUGH! Any ideas to help me thru?
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 12:58 pm - Des Moines, IA
I got tired of the sweet shakes and found Zero Carb Isopure.  It comes in a 20 oz glass bottle and has 40 grams of protein.  It reminds me of a diluted kool aide, so not sweet.

There's also unflavored Unjury powder that you can add to drinks/food.

You could always crunch on a  sugar free popsicle or ice.

Good luck to you!
Kristi
Mags W.
on 4/25/11 1:12 pm
I'm at the end of my two week pre-op diet (surgery thursday!).  It wasn't totally liquid but it totally sucked.  If you find a protein you can actually drink, let me know.  I've tried three so far, in as many recipe combinations as I can find for them, and throw them all up.  Not sure what I'm going to do post-op!  I'm thinking of getting unflavored and seeing how I can get that down.  I can tell you that I don't find the nectar caribbean cooler all that sweet, so you may want to try that.
Ambelina
on 4/25/11 3:06 pm - Salem, OR
Hey, good for you on your first liquid day.  A lot of the protein drinks were sweet for me as well.  One option is the "unflavored" protein powders.  Unjury makes multiple flavors including the "unflavored" (unjury.com - or maybe your hospitals pharm.  Our hosp carries it.).  Then you can add flavoring to your tasted.

Congratulations again on day one and have a great journey!
Highest 298; Pre-op: 279; PreOp BMI 41.  CW: 188 & Current BMI: 30!!!!! Thank you Lord for Dr Nair!!!
1st Goal 248;  2nd Goal 230 met!!!! 7/2010;  3rd Goal 215 - met 9/18/10!!!; 4th Goal 200 - 12/20/2010...  Surgeons goal met - I'd like to lose a litte more.  

veenie73
on 4/26/11 12:29 am - Louisville, KY
I started yesterday too. I jus****ched my hubby on thru a 14 day liquid and it sent him thru a mental rollercoaster. He is now on his clear liquids for 2 days. Im soo proud of him.

I know what you mean. Its soo mental. Last night I was confused, lightheaded and had a small headache. Today seems a lil better, so far.
GOOD LUCK on the diet. I think we both are going to need it...SMH

Lynn
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

amber_914
on 4/26/11 9:21 am
Lap Band on 04/27/11 with
emmydawnsmom
on 4/26/11 12:15 pm - Huntington, WV
I had surgery on April 18th.  I am fairly new. I found that Muscle Milk makes protein water.  You can buy online at gnc.com or other places.  I like the grape and grapefruit.  Not crazy about the orange or raspberry.  I am finding it hard to get my protein in with liquids.  Once you are on full liquids it is much easier because you can have milk. Or at least easier for me.  I was getting about 20-25 grams a day but am up to 40 now that I am on full liquids.  You can also get things like chicken stock which has more protein and use it to thin out cream soups etc.  

Most Active