I guess there is no such thing as perfect

Hermosa L
on 5/12/11 9:21 am
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4385171/A-Real-Life-Ca se-Study-of-One-Persons-Complications-for/

This happened to a fellow WLS person who just wanted to be thinner.. complications can happen to anyone.

Just makes me think that it pretty horrible people announcing a failed band thread constantly maybe we should do this for ALL surgeries.. Failed RNY, Failed Bands, Failed Sleeves etc

Heartbreaking!
Stephanie M.
on 5/12/11 9:25 am
He has had a pretty rough go of it...I hope he recovers fully very soon.  His outlook, though is fabulous and he recognizes that complications can happen with any surgery....WLS or not.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Hermosa L
on 5/12/11 9:29 am
I agree ... he has a great outlook and complications happen with any surgery ..

though I'm feeding the dragon I get pretty sick of the failed band tag line.. Maybe we should change ours to.. Successful thus far LOL
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 9:41 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On May 12, 2011 at 4:29 PM Pacific Time, Hermosa L wrote:
I agree ... he has a great outlook and complications happen with any surgery ..

though I'm feeding the dragon I get pretty sick of the failed band tag line.. Maybe we should change ours to.. Successful thus far LOL
This just goes to prove my point.

You think I have that link in my siggy just to spite you, but it's there for bandsters that AREN'T getting support from territorial bandsters like yourself.

This isn't about good VS evil it's about the complications of the band you don't hear about because people like you are offended that not every bandster loves their crappy ass band. I haven't gained any of my weight back, but I want this band out because of all the pain it causes me.

steelerfan1
on 5/12/11 9:26 am
hermosa,

It is sad  any surgery can and will have complications down the line there is no perfect WLS out there as of date.

I know a handful of people that have the gastric by pass and have put all their weight back on , or is such bad shape its horrible.

My aunt had WLS done and to be honest Hermosa, if  I had to look like her I would rather stay fat for the rest of my life she looks awful and very sickly :o( .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Hermosa L
on 5/12/11 9:32 am
I saw someone comment on the main board go look at the lap band tickers most of them are still overweight!! and I thought wow talk about a low blow in our own community :(

I never had surgery hoping to be Thin by magazine standards.. so that's not a fair statement to direct at me. I had a friend age very much due to her surgery and I agree I rather be fat LOL

I just think we can all fail regardless of WLS choice.. I also joke and say I'm sure I can eat around any surgery because my issues are with food.. full or not full feeling hungry or not I can eat to eat and just because ..
steelerfan1
on 5/12/11 9:45 am
Oh I totally agree you can eat around any surgery .  My friend had the gastric done and she eats around her surgery all the time and she has gotten her body use to sugar again so it dont bother her like it did before .

And I'm living proof I can eat around the band been there done that and will do it again . 

Like I said in my post I have been in a funk the last three weeks with weight and today it just go to me big time for some reason.

I yelled at hubby and told him I'm tired of watching what I eat, I'm tired of watching my carbs and I'm tired of not being able to have a nice cold Pepsi after mowing the yard *sigh*.

I was starting to snack all day today because I got upset over that stupid scale .

After  a handful of chips I stopped myself and knew what I was doing was wrong and was not going to make the situation better but its hard so hard especially when you work hard, you eat right, drink what you are suppose to and exercise .

This is the time I usually give up but I dont have that option now not with 20 grand around my tummy now .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Ms. Cal Culator
on 5/12/11 9:50 am - Tuvalu
On May 12, 2011 at 4:32 PM Pacific Time, Hermosa L wrote:
I saw someone comment on the main board go look at the lap band tickers most of them are still overweight!! and I thought wow talk about a low blow in our own community :(

I never had surgery hoping to be Thin by magazine standards.. so that's not a fair statement to direct at me. I had a friend age very much due to her surgery and I agree I rather be fat LOL

I just think we can all fail regardless of WLS choice.. I also joke and say I'm sure I can eat around any surgery because my issues are with food.. full or not full feeling hungry or not I can eat to eat and just because ..

I don't know who said that, but the fact of the matter is that the measure of success of weight loss surgery IS losing weight.

When a PRODUCT (and the band is the only PRODUCT being advertised) advertises only the successes and not the huge percentage of failures, people deserve access to information that "outs" the false (by virture of omission of truth) advertising.

Any car that had that percentage of brake failures, any airline that had that percentage of flights not getting to where they were supposed to go, any medication that had that percentage of people NOT getting better and possibly developing other medical problems that could harm them would be banned as too dangerous.  THAT's how the band should be treated. 

Just because SOME people didn't have failed brakes and slam into a crosswalk full of kids does not mean that those who did are poor sports for mentioning it.

In any group of a hundred people, there are probably 2 or 3 sociopaths.  In a group of a thousand, more like 20-30.  They function very well in "affinity groups," where people have things in common and tend to trust strangers.  I am NOT saying not to trust anyone.  I AM saying that there are probably two dozen sociopaths hanging out here and looking for victims.  Most are NOT serial killers.

Read: www.sociopathicstyle.com/traits/classic.htm

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 9:34 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On May 12, 2011 at 4:21 PM Pacific Time, Hermosa L wrote:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG/4385171/A-Real-Life-Ca se-Study-of-One-Persons-Complications-for/

This happened to a fellow WLS person who just wanted to be thinner.. complications can happen to anyone.

Just makes me think that it pretty horrible people announcing a failed band thread constantly maybe we should do this for ALL surgeries.. Failed RNY, Failed Bands, Failed Sleeves etc

Heartbreaking!
I can't speak on behalf of the RNY because I didn't have it, and your kind of a ******g ***** dragging that persons post over here just so you can prove to everybody how wonderful your band is...really
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 10:40 am - San Diego, CA
So sad for that person!  What a horrible experience to go through.

I take **** directly ALL the time on OH for my revision surgery of choice.  I choose to pay it no mind because it was MY choice and I chose what was best for ME.  Moreover, I have had zero problems and/or complications to date. I am confident that my success is due to strict ongoing compliance and psycological therapy for my food addiction, which helps me make great decisions every day.  My band is just a tool...and I work and respect that tool to the fullest.  I laugh my lap-band having skinny ass all the way to the scale.  I've never been this happy and felt this mu*****ontrol of my health in my life.

I stand proud by my decision and refuse to let anyone rain on my parade.  I will continue to support anyone on OH that needs/wants/requests it...regardless of which surgery they chose.  That is not what it's about to me.  Support is support and I won't be biased on who gets mine...EVER.  I hope to lead by example.

Now go and enjoy your amazing vacation! I'm jealous. :)

Most Active