lap band reservoir

Omaya_35
on 5/13/11 5:48 am - Lebanon
 Hii,
I would liike to post my case here in case anyone can help.
I always feel pain where the end of my lap band is placed under the skin of my tummy. Is that normal???
It is confusing me, and it is making me worried.
Omaya_35
Jean M.
on 5/13/11 6:20 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Omaya,

When you say "the end of my lap band" do you mean your port - the area where your surgeon injects fluid? When was your surgery? The port site tends to be very tender for a few months after surgery. Unless the area is red, swollen, or hot to touch (which are signs of infection), the pain probably just means that your abdominal muscles are still getting accustomed to the presence of your port. Do certain movements or body positions aggravate it or make it feel better? Have you tried putting ice on the painful area? Have you talked to your surgeon about it?

On the other hand, if you are talking about your band itself (which is under your breast bone, approximately in the center of your chest), the pain could be related to your band being too tight, which can be solved by having some of the fluid removed.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Omaya_35
on 5/13/11 6:27 am - Lebanon
 Hi Jean,
Yes I mean my port. I keep feeling pain there. But it is not red and I don't think it is swollen. I had my surgery 4 months and half ago.
I talked to my surgeon but he said it is ok. but I am worried and want to find out if other patients with band or if anyone knows about this.
Jean M.
on 5/13/11 6:40 am
Revision on 08/16/12

My port is in a different location since my repair surgery, but in its original location, my waistband rubbed against it and also it tended to rub against the kitchen counter and the counter where I work. Plus certain movements (like abdominal exercises****asionally aggravated it.

author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

MurphysMom
on 5/13/11 10:19 am - CA
Jean--
I just finished your book and LOVED it.  Last night at my Support Group I took the book and gave you a plug.  It was so helpful to me before my surgery.  I have tabbed important things to refer to, and have looked up things several times since my surgery 21/2 weeks ago.  Thank you so much for writing it!!!!!
  One day at a time, and one meal at a time, and I WILL reach my goal!  
Jean M.
on 5/13/11 10:39 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
I'm so glad you liked Bandwagon, and many thanks for giving it a plug!

michele1
on 5/13/11 7:47 am
Revision on 07/07/15
I still have some port discomfort from time to time and when I lost weight it was more noticable because I could feel it, .......TMI and strange but when I have gas or are constipated I get pressure there. Of course when working my abs also.

If it is continuous and not stop or gets worse I would contact your surgeon again but for me it is normal.

Michele
jeanmomof4
on 5/14/11 9:28 am - IL
My port is completely visible. I have lost about 40lbs and whats left is mostly in my butt . I look like there's a golf ball under my skin. At times I can feel some pinching and I feel uncomfortable lying on that side.

shamr0ck
on 5/14/11 10:22 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 12/20/10
I'm just about 5 months out, and still have occasional discomfort over my port.  I notice it the most after a hard abdominal workout, and strangely, if i overeat.  My surgeon has reassured me that it is nothing to be alarmed about.
Highest weight - 224   Surgery weight - 201   Current weight - 155
Goal - (surgeon) 155; (personal) 138-bodyfat 20%

Omaya_35
on 5/18/11 4:51 am - Lebanon
 Thank u all for the replies.. So it is normal I guess..hope so

Most Active