Hey Hey

danawantstobehealthy
on 5/14/11 8:52 am
Hi there.

I'm new here.  Have already decided on the lap band.  I've done tons of research.  Have half of my pre-surgery stuff done.  I've done my labs (which the lab messed up so I have to go back, grrr), had my psy. got PCP approval.  Now I have an appt. with my nutritionist and I have to loose 15 pounds.  Then I guess I'll go from there.

I"ve been watching this board for about 2 months before I decided to post or join.  But I'm getting much closer in my journey so I thought I'd introduce myself now.  Plus.... This board seems a little strange, like there is so much doubt with eachtother... I figured I should join before I have my surgery so you all believe me :)  LOL, if that makes sense.

So Hi !!!
dana
veenie73
on 5/14/11 9:01 am, edited 5/13/11 9:02 pm - Louisville, KY
Hello DANA!!!
Welcome. I have only been on here since March and I love it. There are some super ppl on here. You will find them. But I do understand what you are saying. LOL!!!
Congrats on your journey. As you know, you will learn alot on here. Its vey helpful...
Again, WELCOME!!!!

Lynn
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

Ambelina
on 5/14/11 9:03 am - Salem, OR
Welcome Dana!
Yeah, there can be drama here.  But you could always look at it as entertainment???      Or you can block it...

For the most part?  This website is going to be a HUGE help for you along your journey. 

Looking forward to hearing more from you along your journey
Amy
Highest 298; Pre-op: 279; PreOp BMI 41.  CW: 188 & Current BMI: 30!!!!! Thank you Lord for Dr Nair!!!
1st Goal 248;  2nd Goal 230 met!!!! 7/2010;  3rd Goal 215 - met 9/18/10!!!; 4th Goal 200 - 12/20/2010...  Surgeons goal met - I'd like to lose a litte more.  

MissKasey
on 5/14/11 9:14 am - Bothell, WA
Hi Dana,

Welcome! I have been on this forum for a few years. I use it as entertainment and feel lucky to have this forum as a resource as well. There are alot of amazing people out there who have supported me along the way. Even with the challenges I would not change my decision.

You will do great! Congratations on taking the first steps!

~Kasey
MurphysMom
on 5/14/11 9:31 am - CA
Welcome, Dana.
You have made a good decision for your health.  There are lots of wonderfully supportive people here.  I'm pretty new too, and I have gotten lots of great ideas from people here.  Ignore the negative and focus on the positive.
Kathy
  One day at a time, and one meal at a time, and I WILL reach my goal!  
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 10:01 am - San Diego, CA
Hi Dana...what an exciting time for you!  Welcome to the boards (well, posting on the boards lol).  Yes, there is some drama, but I just choose to ignore it and keep on keepin' on with a positive outlook and success.

Again, welcome and please know that we are here for you every step of the way.

Lifebeauty
on 5/14/11 10:36 pm
 Dana,
Just like anywhere else do what you gotta do.  Take the good and leave the rest.  If you have questions put them out there.  If someone says something you don't like or agree with just don't reply if it's not necessary.  Sometimes we don't like truths but sometimes people are being mean.  You be your own judge and act accordingly.  I've been helped greatly from sites and try to help others.  Wishing you success and well being in your journey.
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

danawantstobehealthy
on 5/15/11 5:25 am
Thanx everyone... I posted this OP about two days ago, so I'm not sure how long it will take for this one to post.  It says a moderator has to approve it because I'm new.

Anyways.. THANX for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it and I will keep you updated on my progress with the Pre-op stuff. 

Most Active