Countdown is on!!:)

connorsmommy331
on 6/7/11 12:15 am - NC
Lap Band on 06/10/11 with
My surgery is this Friday. I am excited and very nervous. I have only ever been in the hospital once before and that was to have my son. So I think its the hospital factor that has me nervous...not the band. My doctor and his staff have been so amazing and helpful though all of this. I have lost 16 lbs on the Optifast liquid diet so far. I have not cheated and I dont really mind the shakes all that much...but once I am done with them...I will be ok if I never have one again. haha My father will be having his surgery a week after mine. I am so proud of him and excited that he is going to do this with me. It will make it that much easier to have his support and we will be hawking each other to make sure we succeed. My weight has been the one and only factor in my life to hold me back from anything. Its going to be so nice to see that evaporate over time so I can go for it all!:)

steelerfan1
on 6/7/11 12:27 am
good luck you will be just fine :o) I had my surgery at 1 pm and  home by 7 pm that night :o)

Just remember walk walk and walk.   I did so much walking I think that is what saved me having any gas pains .  I walked as soon as I got back to my room till it was time to go to bed that night .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

healthyonmyway
on 6/7/11 2:55 am - FL
I am so excited for you!! It's totally natural to be nervous. Glad you have a good doctor and staff. You'll be in and out in no time. I had my surgery at 1:00PM and was home by 6:00PM. Stock up on GasX strips and walk walk walk. That helps with the gas pain.
Tomorrow will be two week since my surgery and I got to have a   scrambled egg today. Woohoo!! I feel great. I have been walking on the treadmill for a week and get my stitches out this Thursday.
I'll keep you in my prayers Friday and look forward to seeing your success

4/10/11 Start weight 250; 5/25/11 Surgery weight 237.50        
Grider
on 6/7/11 3:12 am - Clearwater, FL
Relax- take one of those victroria secret mags with you and start dreaming of your new body. best of luck,
Anne74
on 6/7/11 6:07 am
Lap Band on 11/17/09 with
 Dr B. did my surgery went on around 12 and was on may way home by 4:30.  Love him and his staff they  are great!  You will do great!
Most Active