Smaller Clothes

veenie73
on 6/27/11 3:15 am - Louisville, KY

Well for the last 5 years I have been wearing a 22 and some 24 size pants and 30/32 in shirts or a 3x. Now all my clothes are really big on me. But I have a problem. I'M SCARED TO BUY A SMALLER SIZE!!!! 

I don't know why, but it just terrifies me when I go in the store or look online at clothes that I want and I just can get a smaller size. I know Im in a 18/20 pants and 2x shirt at least, but I just can't get it. So I have stop looking at clothes. I trying to make my big clothes fit me better. I know it sounds very CRAZY, but its just how I feel. I think if I get the smaller size that it won't fit me. I don't know, just wanted to see if anyone else has been through this.

Lynn

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

Tooty
on 6/27/11 3:27 am - Germantown, TN
Yes!!  

I have to try everything on now, even shirts, because I just can't believe I need a smaller size now..lol...

I went through my closet and tried everything on...if it was too big, I threw it out!!  For some reason the big clothes kept me from loving my new smaller self and when I had a closet full of big clothes, it just reminded me of the person I was at that size...

It takes some time...There is more mental work to this band then anything I believe...
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
veenie73
on 6/27/11 4:40 am, edited 6/27/11 4:40 am - Louisville, KY
Thank You!!! I really though I was the only that felt like that .

Lynn

Stephanie M.
on 6/27/11 3:48 am, edited 6/27/11 3:48 am
Don't be afraid to get new clothes...shop the clearance racks, Ross, Marshalls, Old Navy, etc.  I have bought shorts for $6, Tshirts for $2 and dresses for $10, so it's not a big committment in the beginning.  I am giving all of my too big clothes away to a friend who is losing and about 40 lbs heavier than I am or I donate them to a women's shelter.
Time to move on!  You didn't go through all of this just to wear clothes that are too big! 

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

veenie73
on 6/27/11 4:38 am - Louisville, KY
I know Steph, I really need to move on. It is so mental for me right now. I haven't really been this small since I got married. That was almost 13 years ago. I have to get it together, smh...

Lynn
Stephanie M.
on 6/27/11 6:53 am
Lynn...you will be able to do this, just take baby steps.  It is hard until you get one or two cute things and enjoy wearing them...when I got married I was a size 3 (in 1967 sizes, lol) so I get it....hugs!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

veenie73
on 6/28/11 12:40 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks Steph

Lynn
Miavitabella0248
on 6/27/11 4:52 am, edited 6/27/11 5:14 am - NY
Just go for it! You will feel 1000x better when you do I promise. I used to be a size 24, now a size 10. I bought this last Wed. and wore on Saturday for my sister-in-laws graduation party and I felt fabulous and everyone told me I looked amazing. Trust me it'll be worth your while to get smaller clothes!

grannymedic1
on 6/27/11 5:00 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Hi Lynn, What you are feeling is fairly normal. I think once you get a few things you will begin to be excited about how great you look and will go over to the dark side  where we turn into shopaholics for a while. I started my shopping at Goodwill, consignments shops, and yard sales. Because we go through several size changes rather quickly you might try to find things slightly tight on you, and start with just a few pieces. By the time you get to wear them you will be about out of them. If you have the skills to alter a few things and belt the rest you can keep things going longer. Congrats on the loss and keep up the good work!

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

veenie73
on 6/27/11 5:24 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks, Im already a shopaholic. I have been buying my girls clothes and stuff. Im going thru withdraws right now...LOL
I probably will start with a few things. I will be going on vacation at the end of July, so I can get me a few things. I have been doing a somewhat of a good job at altering my clothes now. They just feel soo big and baggy on me.

Congrats on your wt lost as well. You keep up the GOOD WORK TOO

Most Active