NSV - Doing the happy dance!!

afiallen
on 7/28/11 12:26 am, edited 7/28/11 2:16 am - NC
I haven't posted anything in a while, but I wanted to share this small victory. I had lapband surgery on December 28, 2010, and weight loss has been very slow. I count my loss by inches instead of pounds. I have however, notice that my clothes are fitting very loose, and I'm getting more definition, yet the scale moves very slowly. But, i digress. My none scale victory is that I am now able to sit in a chair in a movie theater with both arms down, with room to spare on both sides of the seat....and....wait for it! I am able to cross my legs comfortably. Woohoo!

So, even though the scale is moving very slowly, the changes that I'm seeing in my body and in the way that I feel, make me very happy.

grannymedic1
on 7/28/11 12:35 am, edited 7/28/11 12:36 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
Congratulations! That is a great NSV. You are wise to count small things, other that what the scale says. Besides, no matter how slow it goes you are still heading in the right direction. That is what counts. We would all love to drop really fast but going slowly is actually better because you really solidify correct eating habits in your life. It is more likely to become permanent behavior for when you have to start maintaining.

Way to go, girl, keep up the good work! With an attitude like yours you are bound to succeed.

Ummmm I just looked at your profile and it seems that you have lost quite well. Your bmi is fantastic! Pat yourself on the back.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

afiallen
on 7/28/11 1:08 am - NC
 Thank you so much for the encouragement!

Tarris
on 7/28/11 12:38 am
I am THRILLED for you!  Slow and steady wins the race!

afiallen
on 7/28/11 1:11 am - NC
In the runner's world,  I'm classified as a Clementine (140lbs and above) so I'll get to the end of the race one plodding foot at a time!  

Thanks for the encouragement!

KRYSTIE
on 7/28/11 1:58 am - Clearwater/St. Pete, FL
I have the same problem...  Scale is creeping sloooowly downward, but my pants fell down my bum the other day.  Lol.  Society programs us to think it's all about the numbers, and it's soooo difficult to resist getting on that scale and feeling discouraged when it barely moves.  I feel your pain.  Lol. 

So happy for your milestone!!!  Don't let the numbers get you down, and keep on being proud of the NSV moments.  Those are what will keep you motivated!!  Yay for you!! 

Beverly D.
on 7/28/11 2:53 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I think losing 68 pounds in 7 months is awesome!  You are an inspiration to me.  Keep going!
LaughingCow
on 7/28/11 4:30 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
That would be glorious!  I hope that happens for me someday! :)
Amy
VSG on 2/1/12 with Dr. Halmi
Most Active