It has been a year! Happy Bandiversary to me!

Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 8/13/11 3:54 am - Alamosa, CO
Well one year ago today I had my band installed in my body.  I have lost a total of 94 lbs. I have gone from a size 22/24 to a size 12... actually I think more like a 10, but I am scared to wear a 10 for some reason.  I still have about 30 lbs to go and I am sure that I will lose that before Christmas this year.  

I have lost nothing all summer, but I have not been the most loyal bandster this summer either!  I am not eating enough most days...at least enough of the right foods.  I have redeveloped my addiction to all things ice cream and desert.  Also I have not been as faithful in the gym as I should be.  The last two weeks have found me recommitting to my weight training and I will start running again soon as well.

It has been an eventful year!  While losing all this weight I have also lost my job, and decided that it is time to change careers as well.  I am a high school English teacher by trade, but I have always wanted to be a nurse.  So in a few weeks I will be starting classes toward my BSN (Bachelors of Science in Nursing) 

I know I have more surgeries in my future, as my tummy is pretty saggy and my breasts have deflated to the point that even the best bras do little for me.  My thighs are the worst though.  So I am saving up for some help in that area. 

I want to say that this board has been a huge help.  When I am concerned about something I come here, and even though some people have not had the best luck with their bands, and don't have anything good to say about their bands or the band in general, I value what they have to say because they force me to ask some hard questions of myself and m surgeon.  The veteran bandsters have been a huge help to me.  Even just reading their posts to others have been great.  And Jean's book, Bandwagon has helped tremdoulsly!  If you are new get it now!

Thank you OH and OH members for doing this with me!   YEAH!!!!!
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Have Fun, Learn Much, and Celebrate!
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

Melissa D.
on 8/13/11 5:01 am - Houston, TX
Happy Bandiversary Angi! I hope I do as well as you have with your weightloss. So sorry about your job; maybe this is your chance to do what you have always wanted. You may have never taken that step to go back to school if you were still employed. I wish you luck with school!

13 lbs lost preop     14cc Allergan band with 4cc

looking4hope
on 8/13/11 5:28 am
94 pounds that is great!
Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

PurplHaze
on 8/13/11 9:29 am
Congrats and good luck with your new journey
Wendybrum
on 8/13/11 10:15 am - Oceanside, NY
 congrats.
Enjoy the new you
wendy

snoozing61
on 8/13/11 10:38 am - Apache Junction, AZ
CONGRATS!!!!!!  My Bandiversary was yesterday.  Isn't it GREAT?????  I have lost a total of 127 pounds so far.  8 of that was during all the weigh-ins and Nut appts required before seeing a surgeon.  Since that first appt 119 gone!!  I was wearing a size 5X in pants, and just this week was able to get into a 18W.  They are even a little baggy in the butt.   I still want to lose at least another 50.  In this year my only exercise is just the increase in my daily activities, now that I can move around better, and feel better.  So, the next 12 months will be dedicated to actually getting into an exercise routine.  (Hey, I'm finally "small" enough to get on the treadmill my husband bought for me.)

I have been off ALL pre-surgery medications since 4 months after surgery.  I too love this website and Jean.  The information available and support is unbelievable. 

Best of luck to you in your career change.  Make sure you let the folks here know if and when you do any of the skin removal surgeries.  I would like to do that but I think I am to big a chicken.  LOL

highest WT: 364#s (05/10); pre-op: 314#s(08/10); current: 292#s (11/10); Christmas goal: 279#'s; "happy" goal: 190#s; ultimate goal: 164#s 
amt6
on 8/13/11 1:46 pm - CT
Snoozing --

Is that a Samoyed in your picture?? This picture is my babygirl Maya when she was 10 weeks old! 
Life is a journey, not a destination**    
Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 8/14/11 3:11 am - Alamosa, CO
 Yay You!  I know that with exercise you will lose even more weight! Let's have another great year!

Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Have Fun, Learn Much, and Celebrate!
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

reneekennedy11
on 8/13/11 4:35 pm - CA
When did you lose the most weight? like which month? Congrats to you! 
Jean M.
on 8/13/11 10:07 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Congratulations, Angi! I'm glad that Bandwagon has helped you, and I'm even glad you lost your job if that's enabling you to pursue your dream of becoming a nurse.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active