UPDATE....

thindownunder01
on 9/13/11 3:21 am, edited 9/13/11 3:23 am - Kingwood, TX
So.. with all the sad and scary posts that I have been seeing I figured it was time for my POSITIVE update. Its been almost a month.. so I guess its time.

I am feeling fanFRIKINtastic! I had surgery April 4th and am down 56 lbs. This didnt happen easily. I have had to be mindful of my food choices. Stay in touch with my doctor and exercise. I also cant join the lady for happy hour as often as I did, and when I do.. I cant drink those yummy ritas....

I am totally holding myself accountable for my own success. If I make a mistake and eat something I shouldnt have or slack on the exercise regimen then I make up for it the next day.

The jogging with the multiple high impact sports bras are working... I am also toning arms lifting weights.. and you ready for this??? Doing sit ups faster and easier than my fit husband....

I am a happy girl and wanted to post that there is someone who is happy healthy and succeeding. ( I know I know... so far) but either way.. I made a decision to get the lap band in efforts to live a healthier happier life and its working... PERIOD.

The band helps the hunger monster and that apparently is exactly what I needed.

BANDED 4/4/11 STARTING WEIGHT 243
1queenbee3
on 9/13/11 3:38 am - Columbia, MD
Congratulations!!!!

I so happy for you and you should be proud of yourself as well.  I'm glad you decided to share...I love hearing happy stories:)

Highest Weight--Surgery Weight--Current Weight--Goal
                                                    282                  231                170.3            135

Tina1025
on 9/13/11 3:46 am - MD
Congrats Keep up the great work

Lowcountry
on 9/13/11 4:21 am - Lady's Island, SC

Awesome Job!!!! Keep up the great work!!

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

mildollarsmile
on 9/13/11 5:14 am - SE, TX
VSG on 03/11/13

HI Thindownunder01, I am new to this site and just learning about the lapband because I have Hasimotos thyroidistis and my doctor recommended it to me since I have a lil over 100 pounds to lose. I am on the fence about it but slowly leaning towards doing it.  I am so glad you posted this...I hear bad things and some good. I know it is just so far but Congratulations on your sucess. Keep up the great work!!

Mel

Nichole N.
on 9/13/11 6:27 am - Las Vegas, NV
SO nice to see a positive post! Keep it up, you're doing great!
marymcd54
on 9/13/11 9:36 am - Warwick, RI
What a great post! Congrats!
The band works but not by itself, you have to stop think, and plan!
I was banded July 25 and I am down 27.4 pounds and very happy with my band too!
Marylmcd

Most Active