SV AND HCG DIET 7lbs lost in a week

faithgirl140
on 9/20/11 12:52 am

Does anyone on here do the HCG diet? I have done it this week and have lost 7 lbs!!!! Whoo Hoo! I am 3 pounds away from Onederland!!!! I never thought I would make it. It is a very hard diet!! You just have to want the results!! The fat just melts off of your body. I have a hard time at lunch so I have started a low carb slimfast because my band is still tight. This diet is no fat, no sugar and no starches. It is 500 calories per day. Your metabolism burns off 2000 calories per day. It is a way to reset your metabolism. I got my supplies from HCGBASICS.COM. I do the shots. You can do the drops or they have the pellets I think at Meridan labs. You just put them under your tongue. This diet is very strict. You need to read pounds and inches and it is on the HCGBASICS.COM website. The forum for this diet is happily thinner after or hcg diet info.com
I just wanted to share because I am tired of being a slave to the scale and it never moving.
Good luck to anyone that wants to do this with me. See Ya on the loosers bench!! Renea

Donnamarie
on 9/20/11 1:14 am - NY
Hi Renea,

I think it is wonderful that you have lost 7 pounds this week on the HCG diet.  It's always nice to see the scale move. 

However, and I'm sorry if it was your post that prompted me to write this, because it isn't the first post I've read that talks about a "new diet" to try.  I guess for me I had WLS so that I wouldn't have to spend the rest of my life finding a fad diet to go on.  I had done a million diets over the years and had amazing results -- for a short time.  Do you think that you can sustain yourself on 500 calories a day?  Also fat is important to your diet.  If this is just a diet that you go on for a short period, then more power to you.  I don't want to inject myself with anything, the mere idea scares the life out of me. 

I am not hopping on a soap box or anything like that, but for me WLS was a way of not having to do a bunch of fad diets.  It was a, in my eyes, permanent way of restricting what I ate for the duration.  I actually had this conversation with someone in my office this morning where I was speaking on goals and "the end" of this.  I have decided that there is no "end" to this for me.  That even if I reach some goal I set for myself, or hit a number on the scale, or got into a certain size of clothing, I'm not stopping.  It's forever and that alone is huge.  To  imagine that for the rest of my life I'm going to have to find one fad diet or another to go on is not something I want to think about.  I believe that is what helped get me here to begin with!!!

Band rules -- if the band is working of course, should be the way we live. 

JMHO, YMMV

Donna

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

Hermosa L
on 9/20/11 1:24 am
My surgical center is also a weight loss clinic for people who don' t want to have surgery but lose weight. The do this HGC diet only for 2-3 weeks to jump start your weight loss then the move you to a program where you can continue to lose.

Anytime you start these "strict" diets like this or medifast after you stop its easy to gain some of that weight back on rather quickly. Your body needs 500 calories just to function it's not a very safe diet for a long period of time.. but if your only doing it for one or two weeks as a cleanse then good luck.
faithgirl140
on 9/20/11 4:00 am
You do this diet in phases. The 500 cal is only for 26 days. See other post below
reverie
on 9/20/11 1:14 am
Lol @ claiming 500 calories a day resets your metabolism. Keep thinking that.

Banded May 10, 2010

Onederland June 12, 2010

SW: 245lbs CW: 131lbs GW: 125ish.

From a size 20 to a size 2! Woo hoo.

faithgirl140
on 9/20/11 3:58 am
How in the world did you get to a size 2? What is your secret? What did you eat to get you where you are? What exercise did you do? I was working out great and my knee kind of slips. I have quit for a while. I am going to order a Zumba dvd and put a brace on my knee. This strict part of this diet is only for 26 days. Read below my other post. I am so happy for you to be a size 2.
I just want to be a 14 or a 12. I just want to be under 200 lbs. I wear a size 16 now. Write me back I want to hear how you made it to goal.  Thanks so much Renea
reverie
on 9/20/11 4:06 am

I don't have any secrets really. I did a low carb diet (my preference, not a must), counted my calories religiously, and worked my butt off. I started walking, then ran, then did Slim in 6, P90, P90M, and now I'm on my 6th round of P90X. 

I'm not at my goal. My goal is 125 and I'm back into the upper 130s maybe low 140s right now. When I did low carb I opted to eat 800 calories for 5-6 months and destroyed my metabolism. So it took gaining a little weight to fix it, which I am fine with, because now I can eat 1800 calories and lose weight.

Good luck. Feel free to PM me if you want/need help.

Banded May 10, 2010

Onederland June 12, 2010

SW: 245lbs CW: 131lbs GW: 125ish.

From a size 20 to a size 2! Woo hoo.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 9/22/11 5:16 pm, edited 9/23/11 5:20 am
It's the HCG Hormone that resets your metabolism and doesn't allow you to go into starvation mode. But you have to stick to the plan that has 4 different phases to see the true results. I work with many who have done this diet. They lose and lose fast, but after they complete phase 4 they regain all of it plus more back. I hope this isn't true for you. Just be very careful.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

steelerfan1
on 9/20/11 1:54 am
Renea,

Glad you lost 7 pounds but I hope you do not continue this diet for long periods of time , I'm sorry I agree with the others its not safe for you.

500 calories a day to live on that is not safe at all and your body needs more then that . And no NUT with good medical background is going to tell you its okay not to have any carbs, fats, or sugar in our diet.  Our body does need those things.  Its what kind of fats, carbs and sugars is what kills weight loss or holds it up .

I dont know how long you have had your band in you but you should never have problems eating meals . I can understand breakfast for some folks but by lunchtime if you cant eat a reg normal meal then there is something wrong with that .  I was told by my doc if I cant eat meals then I need to go in and see him especially by lunchtime .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

NanaB.
on 9/20/11 2:34 am
As almost a 7 year post op veteran, two things worries me about your post, first you say your band is tight to only allow you to drink slim fast, two, you mentioned that by reducing your calories to only 500 per day will "reset" your metabolism.

I think you are heading for disaster in two ways, one -- your band is probably dangerously too tight if it is restricting you to protein shakes, and two -- haven't you learned from all the band bashers that have slipped their bands?

Do you know most people that have slipped their bands and had them removed lost weight by any means necessary? And if your band is too tight, trust me on this one, one day that saline is coming out, by way of band slippage, pouch dilation or esophagus issues, and once you have to get all of your saline removed -- and you will, each drop of morsel that goes into your mouth will add on pounds regardless if the food is healthy, because 500 calories per day ruins most lap banders metabolisms when they resume normal sized meals, after having a very tight band, asked those who are seeking a revision due to band slippage and an unfilled band.

But hey, I understand your frustration with getting the scale to move, but, keeping the band adjusted properly and eating healthy foods, like dense proteins, and dark green leafy veggies, and exercise will get you to goal weight the healthy way, and it will help you stay there with your lap band intact.
Most Active