Please may I boast?

Kate -True Brit
on 9/22/11 7:36 pm - UK

I can't do this anywhere else. I told DH but all he said was " I know. I keep telling you". But who ever listens to husbands of 40 years?

I can't tell friends because it would be embarrassing! But on here I have friends of whom I have only actually met a very few. So please may I boast? I have to tell soemone!

I am the Chair of Trustees of a charity. Yesterday was our AGM and, obviously, I chaired it.

After the meeting we had a session for refreshments and networking etc. . I walked into one room in time to hear one of my fellow trustees talking to a businessman. A very smart, well dressed businessman , all iron grey hair and good looks! He had clearly asked my colleague for information because as I came in, the trustee was telling him to ask me. The businessman's response was, "OK, so I will speak to your glamorous Chairlady".

Me? Glamorous? When I was in my 20s I might have been called sexy in a sort of hippy beads and heaving bosoms type way. But since then..... Nothing!

The doom and gloom merchants tell me I will inevitably lose my band! Newsflash - I hope not but if I do, it has given me a year of slimming help and four years plus of being GLAMOROUS! not to mention energetic, fit, healthy.

OK by me!

Kate.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Kate -True Brit
on 9/22/11 7:40 pm - UK
P.S. that was slimMing help not sliming help!!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

vlp1968
on 9/22/11 8:39 pm
Awsome! Isn't great to feel attractive. I am doing some online dating and getting lots of positive feedback on my looks. I did some online dating when I was heavy, and that didn't happen. My confidence is going through the roof. I love it. Enjoy!
mom41
on 9/22/11 10:05 pm
 Congratulations  Glam girl!!!  :)

Lowcountry
on 9/22/11 10:13 pm - Lady's Island, SC
AWESOME!!!! I love these post.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was 100% effort that you gave --win or lose.
-Gordie Howe

tripmom02
on 9/22/11 10:18 pm - NJ
 Just proves we really should probably listen to our husbands more (but don't tell any of them that I said that!). I bet it felt so good to hear that, I know I would have been floating on a cloud!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

barbara314
on 9/22/11 10:27 pm
What a great NSV, Kate!  You have always benn glamorous to me!!!
~ Barbara 

Shelley Malskis
on 9/22/11 10:35 pm - NY
Congrats to you, doesn't it feel great to feel sexy again!!!  I am married for 17 yrs and my hubby has gotten very jealous and protective, as he has witnessed guys check me out and try to hit on me.  I wasn't this popular in my teens and 20's, I just turned 37, and am now turning heads everywhere I go..
BuckeyeGirl
on 9/23/11 12:29 am - TN
Glamorous!!! That is fantastic! I am shooting for glamorous someday!

Lindsey

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/11 2:17 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
That's an amazing feeling Kate and you deserve it.

The other night my husband told me I was hawt I was so embarrassed and told him to shut up, he took my face in his hands,looked at me, and told me I was. I died of embarrassment right then and there. It can be so hard to accept a compliment.
Most Active